Thursday, May 20, 2010

 A colleague who has lived in Thailand for a long time, speaks fluent Thai and has a Thai wife and child posted this link on his facebook page. He is not the author but I hold his opinions in high esteem.  


When you are finished reading the article click on the "Somtow's world" header on the page to see his response to the many comments he has recieved.

I think the article is very interesting and has made me think about my stance and how I view things as an outsider in this country. I must admit that the events of the past few days have shaken my prior beliefs in the Reds and what is going on here. I've gotten to the point where sometimes I'm not sure who to believe and who to side with. The more time I spend researching, listening to and watching the situation, I'm beginning to feel that I don't even have a right to take a side. Perhaps the only side I should be allowed to take is the side of peace and healing. Whatever the hell is going on here (which clearly I am never going to truly be able to understand) needs to stop. I don't need to understand what it is to understand that it needs to end. The streets of Bangkok are coated in blood and it seems like everyone's hands are stained. 

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home