Today is gearing up to be a very sad day in Thai history.
The goverment has begun to crack down on the Red protest area. The smoke from numerous fires has darkened the skies over Bangkok. The Thai government is shipping people out from areas around Lumpini park as they cart bodies out.
I am home (after being called into school this morning!). I have no intention of leaving my apartment today. The gym can wait.
The New Zealand embassy is calling for the evacuation of its citizens, the US embassy is flying its employees home. So far the Canadian and British embassies are telling us to stay put.
The New International School of Bangkok has cancelled the remaining of their school year, other schools have cancelled various days, some up to the end of the week. We've been asked to come in everyday but if we feel uneasy we can go home. I chose the "go home" option today. We'll see how things go tomorrow.
There has been outbreaks of violence in Pattaya, Chiang Mai and other provinces around Thailand. The worry is now that we are heading towards civil war.
Lets hope that things calm down.
I can't bring myself to say much more about it right now. I'm emotionally exhausted.
J
The goverment has begun to crack down on the Red protest area. The smoke from numerous fires has darkened the skies over Bangkok. The Thai government is shipping people out from areas around Lumpini park as they cart bodies out.
I am home (after being called into school this morning!). I have no intention of leaving my apartment today. The gym can wait.
The New Zealand embassy is calling for the evacuation of its citizens, the US embassy is flying its employees home. So far the Canadian and British embassies are telling us to stay put.
The New International School of Bangkok has cancelled the remaining of their school year, other schools have cancelled various days, some up to the end of the week. We've been asked to come in everyday but if we feel uneasy we can go home. I chose the "go home" option today. We'll see how things go tomorrow.
There has been outbreaks of violence in Pattaya, Chiang Mai and other provinces around Thailand. The worry is now that we are heading towards civil war.
Lets hope that things calm down.
I can't bring myself to say much more about it right now. I'm emotionally exhausted.
J


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home