A couple of more videos of yesterday's fires. Central world...R.I.P
As the sun went down tonight there were at least 4 fires still burning. When I woke up this morning there were none so clearly things have not calmed down. The fires tonight seemed different though. A bit farther away and not tire fires. I guess we'll see what they say on the news tomorrow. The situation here is far from over. Lets hope that things will get under control by Monday. I would like to get my life back in order and just set back into routine. I don't feel unsafe here I just feel uneasy at the fact that things are so unpredictable. Someone compared what's happening here to a funeral. People deal with it in so many different ways, some people make a joke of it, others cry, others withdraw. Some people bury themselves in work or little jobs around the apartment. Some people run away. I'm sure for some people it won't hit them until it's all over. There will be a lot of healing that has to take place in this city over the next few months and I don't think it will just be the Thai people. It will be everyone involved.
I think what we all need to do now is stop laying blame and stop pointing finger and begin to ask ourselves why this has happened, what we can do to overcome it and what needs to be done so that it doesn't happen again. This situation has moved beyond colours, beyond politics. It's based in something deeply engrained in Thai society. I heard one official on TV say that the Thai people need to completely change their way of thinking. Unfortunately changing the way an entire society thinks is not accomplished in weeks, or months or even years...it's accomplished over generations.
Please continue to send your thoughts this way. There are a lot of hurting people in this city.
As the sun went down tonight there were at least 4 fires still burning. When I woke up this morning there were none so clearly things have not calmed down. The fires tonight seemed different though. A bit farther away and not tire fires. I guess we'll see what they say on the news tomorrow. The situation here is far from over. Lets hope that things will get under control by Monday. I would like to get my life back in order and just set back into routine. I don't feel unsafe here I just feel uneasy at the fact that things are so unpredictable. Someone compared what's happening here to a funeral. People deal with it in so many different ways, some people make a joke of it, others cry, others withdraw. Some people bury themselves in work or little jobs around the apartment. Some people run away. I'm sure for some people it won't hit them until it's all over. There will be a lot of healing that has to take place in this city over the next few months and I don't think it will just be the Thai people. It will be everyone involved.
I think what we all need to do now is stop laying blame and stop pointing finger and begin to ask ourselves why this has happened, what we can do to overcome it and what needs to be done so that it doesn't happen again. This situation has moved beyond colours, beyond politics. It's based in something deeply engrained in Thai society. I heard one official on TV say that the Thai people need to completely change their way of thinking. Unfortunately changing the way an entire society thinks is not accomplished in weeks, or months or even years...it's accomplished over generations.
Please continue to send your thoughts this way. There are a lot of hurting people in this city.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home