Greetings faithful followers,
I'm not much of a technofile, nor am I much of a videographer (as you are about to see) but here is a video that I took from my balcony yesterday (May 19th) as the fires were just starting to burn heavily. It actually got worse after this with at least 3 more big fires in different locations breaking out. I'll try to upload some more videos soon but this one took my archaic, dinosaur of an internet connection over 90minutes to upload. So...expect all my videos to be uploaded by say....next year. Oh well what else are you going to do when you're stuck under a curfew.
My friend Carrie ventured down the street to the grocery store today and said that most of the food is gone and the ATMs outside are all out of service. Luckily I took out a bunch of cash yesterday and have some food stockpiled. Now if I can just kill this boredom.
In other news, they messed up the chemicals in our pool and it has now turned green!! Man! Stuck at home and no pool to boot. I think that if tomorrow it's still green I'm going to city living to chill out. I already have a room there and a key! Maybe I'll crash there for the weekend...
Just heard from one of my friends who has escaped to Phuket...I must admit I'm jealous but I'm saving money. I also have to go into school to do some work with the boarders tomorrow. Poor kids are bouncing off the walls because they are stuck there.
Cheers
Joe
I'm not much of a technofile, nor am I much of a videographer (as you are about to see) but here is a video that I took from my balcony yesterday (May 19th) as the fires were just starting to burn heavily. It actually got worse after this with at least 3 more big fires in different locations breaking out. I'll try to upload some more videos soon but this one took my archaic, dinosaur of an internet connection over 90minutes to upload. So...expect all my videos to be uploaded by say....next year. Oh well what else are you going to do when you're stuck under a curfew.
My friend Carrie ventured down the street to the grocery store today and said that most of the food is gone and the ATMs outside are all out of service. Luckily I took out a bunch of cash yesterday and have some food stockpiled. Now if I can just kill this boredom.
In other news, they messed up the chemicals in our pool and it has now turned green!! Man! Stuck at home and no pool to boot. I think that if tomorrow it's still green I'm going to city living to chill out. I already have a room there and a key! Maybe I'll crash there for the weekend...
Just heard from one of my friends who has escaped to Phuket...I must admit I'm jealous but I'm saving money. I also have to go into school to do some work with the boarders tomorrow. Poor kids are bouncing off the walls because they are stuck there.
Cheers
Joe


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home