Monday, May 17, 2010

It's 3:30pm on Monday. The 3:00pm deadline to get out of Silom has passed. From my balcony I can see the smoke rising. It's been mostly quiet until now. I can only assume this is a bad sign. Din Daeng continues to burn off and on, right now the smoke is thick.
Seh Daeng was pronounced dead this morning at 9:20am. The government and the military deny it was them who killed him. I have my doubts that they are telling the truth.
Whoever killed him created a martyr...what was the point of that?

Please send you thoughts,or pray or do whatever you do for the people in Silom. I hope with all my heart that things will not get ugly but I think it's pretty much a guarantee that they will.

Take a moment today to appreciate those things that we in West take so for granted.

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home