Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Adding to the list of burning buildings as of 11:00pm
  • Century Park Hotel in Din Daeng
  • Centre One Shopping Mall
  • Centara grand Hotel Ratchaprasong
  • Bangkok and Krung Thai bank buildings in Asok
  • Office of the Narcotics Control Board in Ding Daeng
  • Bangkok bank Rama 9 branch and Tesco Lotus superstore (not sure if that's fortune town or not)
  • The Municipal Electricity building in Klong Toey
  • Bangkok bank at Victory Monument
  • Manhathun building in Ploenchit
  • Paragon and Siam Square
apparently 27 majot buildings are burning in Bangkok as we speak. It's midnight. The curfew has been in effect for 4 hours and I've never seen it so quiet. There is a huge orange glow over the city, especially in the Central World/Siam Paragon area. It will be interesting to see how things look when the sun rises. On a positive note in the silence I hear no gunfire or explosions. Considering it's so quiet in BKK that I can hear the crickets chirping, this is a good sign. Maybe things will calm down...
I have also just returned for a very relaxing "curfew party" at the headmasters suite who lives in the penthouse of my building. Nothing helps Martial Law anxiety like a couple of stiff gin and tonics.

Cheers from the Curfew Zone
Will update when I wake up and survey the damage.

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home