Tidbits
Well, not too much is new. I have been meaning to write a witty and insightful piece on urban guerrilla marketing and my new heroes Peter Berdovsky and Sean Stevens but that will have to wait. Gotta love how ridiculously paranoid and hysterical these boys made the Boston police (and pretty much the whole American "post 911 security system") look. Beware of the killer moonites people..BEWARE!! Anyway, more about that later when my mind is not full of linguistic theory and other jumbled garbage.
So here are some little tidbits that have crossed my path recently.
As you may have noticed, my mind has been constantly returning to Brasil and I am having my usual "inner battle" trying to decide what the hell I am going to do with myself. To go or not to go, that is the question. I guess it will all depend on a lot of other stuff. Do I get into school? Can I get enough vacation time to go visit if UBC does agree to milk my bank account dry for a 12 month degree? But blah blah blah. Only time will tell, my vacation bid comes back on the 9th so then I'll know. If I can get 2 weeks then I'll probably head down there, if not, J-town here I come.
Anyway...getting back on track. I recently found this website
It's in Portuguese but I think you'll all get the idea. "mortos" = dead, "feridos" = injured.
Last time I spoke to Luciano he was thinking about moving to Rio because work was scarce in his hometown. Pretty scary. Right now, as I write this, the body count is at 85 since Feb. 1st, last night it was at 77. Strangely enough the number of injured people has not risen, why bother hurting them when you can just kill 'em I guess. For some strange reason this doesn't seem to deter my desire to go back. In fact, I was elated at the idea of him going to Rio because then, if I did move back I would be surrounded by lots on job opportunities....and rampant murder. Tit for Tat I guess.
Moving along
You're life for a sports watch
Last night as I watched my nightly 12 minutes of TV I was blessed to encounter a recruitment add for the American Armed Forces. Now I understand that they are having a bit of recruitment slump due to the fact that they are sending their youth to Iraq to be slaughtered but they are really resorting to some desperate tactics. Get this, if you order a recruitment package they'll send you "a free sports watch" Dear God!! What the hell. This really demonstrates the intelligence demographic they're targeting. What kind of idiot is going to be enticed by a freaking sports watch!!
"Holy crap Bobbi Joe, look at that there sweet ass sports watch! And all I gotsta do is join that there army! Sign me up!!"
God what's next? "sign up a friend and get a special bonus offer, free shipping and handling"
Anyway, that's my rant for today.
Unfortunately I have been working and haven't been able to partake in Miss Osbourne's Japanese delights. The season finally is on tonight. Guess I'll have to watch it on UTube.
Cheers
J


1 Comments:
princess inaka! you are not allowed to make fun of hillbillies with poor language skills when you spell "your" and "finale" incorrectly!
Post a Comment
<< Home