Bug in my eye! Bug in my eye!
Two days ago while out for my evening jog I was attacked by some kind of random flying bug that decided that even though it had the entire universe in which to fly around in it would instead head straight into my left eye. Minor problem right. It was pretty big, whatever it was, and I managed to just pick it out without even messing up my jogging pace. Didn't hurt, nothing. However, I would later find out that I was not to have the last word in this little battle. By the time I went to bed that night my eye was itchy and by the time I woke up the next morning it was red, swollen and oozing something that i don't even want to think about. I went to work and decided that it was best that I go to the clinic since things were progressing at a rather nasty rate. So at 9 am I went to "Dr. Yoshida" who proceeded to pull an entire bug leg out of my eye, pat me on the head and send me home with promises of being better faster than I could say "locust."
Problem with Japan #1: Japanese doctors are for the most part incompetent
Things did not get better, they in fact got much much worse. By the end of the day the infection had spread all the way down to my nose and my face was swelling up at an exponential rate. That night Luciano came over and nursed my poor ugly face. Gotta love a man who doesn't even blink when he shows up at my door and is met by something that could give the phantom of the opera a run for his money. All he said was "don't worry honey, you are still beautiful" ...ahh gotta love that boy.
By day three I couldn't even open my eye so I decided that Dr. Yoshida can kiss my ass and went to a much better doctor recommended by the hospital who managed to pull more bug out of my eye and give me a whack more medicine. Today is day 4 and the swelling has gone down but I still look like someone punched me in the face. To make matters worse I lost all my sunglasses in Thailand and have nothing to hid behind! I now have a three day weekend in which to hide in my apartment and recover.
gambarimasu!!
J


3 Comments:
Take a picture. Hurry!!! Before the swelling goes down!!!
I agree with mr/ms anonymous! I took photos of my gross fingernail, and you should take photos of your oozy infected eye!
Oh my god! Rob and I started shaking with ickiness while reading this! Too bad you weren't actually still in Thailand, where any drugstore worker would have given you any amount of drugs to help with the swelling. I cna't believe you still had bug bits in your eye after all of that!!! EEEW!
Post a Comment
<< Home