Saturday, August 20, 2005

The great escape. Well I managed to get the hell outta Chiang Mai and back down to my beachy paradise on Koh Phan Nang. It was a lot of money to pay for three days on the beach but it was well worth it and I now feel that my vacation has ended on a good note rather than a water logged stressful one.

I'm leaving to head back home tomorrow night and I can feel the stress of it all creeping back into my life. Moving, starting over, new job, new house, to school, new people, new...everything. Not to mention the stresses of trying to figure out what I am doing with my life and who I'm going to be doing it with. This month away has made one thing very clear. I need to get outta Japan. There is more to the world than just sitting on my butt in J-town collecting cash and drinking green tea. At this moment I am 95% sure that I will leave when my contract is up in March. But where to do I go? I would love nothing more than to move to Brazil with Luciano, and if he is willing to stick it out in Japan until then, Sao Paulo here I come. If not, well then I guess it wasn't meant to be and I will pack my bags and head somewhere else, India maybe.

I'm ready to get the hell out. Ready for something crazy and new. Ready to toss myself into the fire again in some new crazy country. The wind has changed, I guess so have I.

J

1 Comments:

Blogger moneymelon said...

hey lady
glad to hear that you're safe and sound. i feel ya on the getting the hell out of japan tip. ugh.
see ya at the next AJET meeting.

01 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home