Friday, September 02, 2005

***BRAZIL***

Well, it's official! Guess who's moving to Brazil! ME!!! Me and Luciano talked about it when I got back to Japan and he had no trouble with staying here until April if it meant that I would be heading back to the land of beans and rice and samba with him. So it's been decided and I have to say that I have never felt better! I feel that my life has a bit of direction now. I have a goal to work towards and my life for the first time in a while, has a time frame that I can work around. From this point on everything I do will be working towards April 1st. I am hoping to get into school there and study Portuguese for the first 6 months and then see what I can do after that but of course there is always the foolproof English teacher gig on which to fall back and conveniently enough, one of Luciano's relatives (there are so many I don't know which one it is) owns an English school (which a Canadian already working there) that I can probably get a job at. So that makes things even easier. 

For the first time in a long time I feel completely at ease. I'm not stressed nor worried about this decision in the slightest whcih leads to me to beleive that it is in fact the right one. Luciano is not the kind of guy I would have ever pictured myself with but for some reason we fit together perfectly. I'm really excited about the direction my life is heading right now. Hooray! Direction!!!

The only thing that I am slightly worried about is that in addition to getting a live in boyfriend outta the deal, I am also getting a daughter, a 4 year old, Portuguese speaking, cute as a button, cheeky little girl. She of course won't live with us (she lives with her mother in the same town that we are moving to) but She will be around a lot and I am afraid being looked at as the evil stepmom or "dad's stupid girlfriend." Shit man, I'm only 25!! Luciano brought over a video of her last night so that I could see her. She is very cute. Hopefully she likes me (and hopefully her mother does too or else there could be trouble). Yup, just me, Luciano, his enourmous family, his daughter and his ex-wife. One big happy.....

well, who knows what the future is gonna bring. I'm just gonna fasten my seatbelt and go for a ride.

My apologies for not updating sooner but I have been mad crazy busy with moving and starting a new job etc. As of right now I don't have internet access except at a restaurant near my house so I won't be able to do too much updating for the next little while.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Direction is good! I'm moving to Manchester in about a week and I can't believe that my summer has come and gone! Where did all the time go?

03 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katharine said...

Wow, Joe, that is so great!! I am so happy for you. Brazil sounds like such an adventure. I am really jealous that you got to do the Thailand thing... ah, maybe next year! I got a new job lined up for then, so hopefully I can lark off for a couple weeks before starting it.
Wow, I didn't know Luciano had a daughter. It could turn out really well, though. Sometimes the weirdest-sounding relationships turn out to be a blessing. Hreevolushioneh!!

04 September, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's it going homegirl? You're a braver woman than I. No way I could be around all those big leg lovin'-five hour session having-big brown eye blinkin Brazilians and not get kicked out of my boyfriend's house within hours! One word of advice from a sista' who knows a thing or two about Brazilians..Never let jealousy overshadow the brilliance of your character! Good luck and gambatte!

12 October, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Philipp sagt:

my o my... I'm never moving because I'm already in the best city of the world... damn... but i agree that you are a braver woman than i, because you're simply more woman than I am - well arguably... *it's all in meeeee* sing sing...

I (h)ate the postman.

14 November, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home