Monday, August 08, 2005

Thieved!!!

Well, having partaken three month long packpacking journeys in as many years it was bound to happen sooner or later. Had my camera stolen last night. I'm not too terribly concerned about the actual camera, it's replaceable but I'm a bit bummed about loosing all 300 pictures that were on there. Luckily I have Nicki and Eric's photos to copy. (Nicki if you're reading this can you whip me off a CD of your shots please). On a positive note it was only my camera that was stolen and I am still in possesion of everything else that I came with.

Passport- check
money - check
sanity -check

There were some things about that camera that were a little annoying anyway so i won't be too upset about getting a new one. The warranty was up in two more months so I am sure that it was going to pack it in soon anyway, that's the way these things usually work.

As they say in Japan "shoganai" - "it can't be helped". So, no use crying over spilt milk.

In other news, me and Eric finally managed to haul our asses off of Bottle Beach although it was bloody hard. Met some cool people there are made some great friends. Hopefully I will be able to keep in touch with them. I KNOW I will go back there. If anyone wants to join me, let's going!!

Now me and Eric are back in Koh Samui for two nights, then the night train back up to Bangkok where we will spend two night hovering around the PatPong gay district pinching boys bums and drinking Sam Song and coke. Eric leaves on the 13th and I have decided that I am going to fly into Luang Prabang (of however the hell you spell it) because it's a bitch to get in there any other way. Looks like we ain't gonna make it to Chiang Mai. Next time...next time. I also met a man that told me I MUST go to India sometime in my life. He has been 8 times! I guess I'll have to pencil that one in too. He said I need at least 6 months to go. Strangely everyone I've met here who has been to India for an extended period of time is really wierd. I think it does something too ya. All that curry and sacred cows and shit. Righto, so I have my next two vacations planned out for me. India and back to Bottle Beach.

Hope all is well. Slightly dreading returning to Japan.

Kisses.
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home