
I have recently come to the realization that laundromats are romantic places. How have I come to this decision? I'm not sure but I think I want to be kissed in a laundromat. It has this dirty yet perfume scented appeal to it. Maybe its the smell of detergent? The gentle hum of the tumble dry? There's just something about them. I can't put my finger on it exactly but if and when I do I will report back. Unfortunately I have laundry in my building which greatly decreases my chances of kisses stolen among strangers' clothes.
Ever think about the number of scenes of infatuation and stolen glances that must take place in laundromats? How many people have a crush on "that chick/guy at the laundromat"? Is it where hipsters and 20 somethings with no in suite laundry fall in love? I am neither a scenester nor a person with no in suite laundry. Why then am I fantasizing about love amongst washers? I'm not sure but hopefully sometime in my life I will be kissed while sitting on top of an industrial Whirlpool...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home