Ok, I don't usually put music videos on my blog but right now this one has got me all nostalgic and fuzzy.
I want someone to sing me this song. In a park, in the dark.
I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the crazy stuff going on in my life, I think it's because it leaves the taste of something that happened a long time ago on my lips...a sweetness on my tongue that still lingers. Maybe it's the soft fuzzy take on Japan. The streets of Tokyo how they inoculated me with whimsy. Secret rendezvous, darkened hotel floors, thumbs in belt loops, underground hip hop clubs, ramen at 3am, the restaurant where I could choose to eat in Heaven or Hell. I sometimes chose hell but always found heaven.
la la la
where is this all coming from? More importantly where is it all going?
I wish I played guitar, I'd write a song about it.
But instead, I will listen to others'
Cheers from the streets of Tokyo that hang in my memory
J


1 Comments:
Personally, I still miss the karaoke; never been anywhere since that does it quite like the Japanese.
Make sure you get a good dose of vitamin P* while you're in Quebec. I should be around in Ottawa while you're there, so if you're in the neighbourhood, let me know.
*poutine
Post a Comment
<< Home