Wednesday, July 30, 2008



Dear Zach Condon,

I don't care that you are 22 or that I promised myself I would never get married.
Marry me and take me to live in this wonderland...

Golly Gee I'm posting a lot lately. I think it's a combination of my constant procrastination and this big ball of emotional energy that's lounging in the pit of stomach. I am infatuated with the possibilities of infatuation and summer whimsy.

I am inspired by..well many things at the moment.
There are so many poems that would give it all away, I don't want to seem too eager. I have to keep them locked in a little book. Actually I am keeping them locked in my brain for now and I have made a blanket out of Beirut's music to snuggle in. I have been wishing for a raw emotional moment for some time now. I wanted it to pull me in and smack me around a bit. I sometimes crave something raw to sober me up. I figured it would come in the form of something sad but I guess Fransisco was my yearly quota. So now I'm anticipating a short but delicious few days that will ignite some creativity and fire in me. I feel there is something very big waiting just around the corner...a ticket far away? An open door that is better left closed but too good not to pry open? An adventure I can't even begin to guess? I think I like those the best. Have had a few surprises of late of the tasty variety, maybe I'm on a roll? Or maybe I'm at the top of the hill. I think I'll throw my hands up on the way down instead of freaking out white knuckled.

I am trapped in the final 7 days of my current academic venture. I am tired and feeling stiffled by prescribed learning outcomes and APA formatting. When I am done and return from late whiskey filled evenings in distant lands I will plaster the walls with poems and cryptic anecdotes. You can decipher, to spell it out for you would be less than climactic.


Cheers from a syrupy fantasy
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home