Monday, December 31, 2007

It's that time of year again....




Usually I write my New Year's resolutions on paper or on the mental tablet in my brain. This year I've decided to write it here so that one year from now I can look back and really see if I managed. This year I've decided to set attainable goals instead of those Utopian ideals that I usually set for myself and never attain.


1) I usually say "stop stressing about money so much" but I have come to the sad realization that I am incapable so I have decided to tweak it. Instead this year's resolution is "stop talking about how I'm so stressed out about money." Gonna keep it in my brain and my empty wallet instead of in the public domain this year. The experiment will be to see if talking less about it makes me think less about it and consequently stress less about it....we shall see.



2) Graduate - Now this is a pretty attainable goal. Especially in a "pass/fail" program. I think I'm a shoe in to attain this goal! This all of course depends on my ability to survive my practicum at Hell High but we'll see about that. I am currently reading "Blackboard Jungle"...and taking notes. Hmmm I'm going to throw "get a TEFL certificate" into this one. too. I'll take one of those fly by night internet courses. I just need to piece of paper. I already know what I'm doing, I just don't have the paper that says I do.



3) RUN the Sun Run...the WHOLE Sun Run. Now this is probably the toughest goal but I am determined to do it. 10km, I can do it, I'm sure I can. Start training now, I should be able to handle it by April. ...not should but WILL. Joe Zeiler, marathon woman.



4) Get my ass outta here. Now this goal is a bit more complicated. I graduate at the end of August. So that leaves me Sept -Dec to get my shit together and make my great escape. Now there are a lot of variables that go into this equation like finding a job that pays enough, finding a job period, navigating whatever factors arise that require me to stay in Vancouver etc. We shall see.



5) Don't get fat. ...Usually this is "lose weight" but I've decided that setting the goal of not turning into a big loafy whale is better and easier to attain. If I can manage to meet goal #3 I can probably guarantee that I won't turn into a whale.


So there it is. 2008. There are a million other things that I would like to achieve but I'm not sure that I will be able to so I'm not going to write them down only to be disappointed next year at this time because I didn't achieve them.



Cheers from the remnants of 2007
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home