The last few days (the parts that weren't blurred by binge drinking) in pictures....
This ladies and gentlemen is the future of education. Inspiring isn't it....hmmmm....maybe not.
This is me and Noriko, she's a math teacher in one of my classes. I am including said picture so that you can all gasp at my long flowing locks. No, I have not been taking "hair growth supplements" as some of you have implied on facebook, that's 100% O'naturelle people.
Rocking it out with some of my fellow "teacher candidates," that's what they call us now. No more "student teachers" apparently they think it demeans us. I mean 'common people, just quit it with the PC bullshit. I am a "student teacher" through and through. I will become the face of the "represent the old skool un-PC lingo" movement within the hallowed halls of the Neville Scarfe Education building and hoist the mighty flag of studentdom high and proud. Having the word "student" in my title allows me to make hella mistakes, and look and act like an incompetent lout and not feel bad about it. It also gives me full rights to drink beer until I puke, party all night and eat shitty food because I can't afford anything but Kraft dinner...I don't see any "candidates" claiming those long held students rights! I'm clinging onto the last remnants of my studentness until the bitter end.
Breaking free from my former attached self I decided to move on up in the world and hack off those flowing locks for something a little more rock and roll and for those of you who have known me for long enough, a little more "Joe". No, it's not the in your face buzz cut of days gone by but it's definitely better than the long flowing boring that has been sprouting from my skull for the last 2 years. I'm a bit too young to the rocking the "school marm" look. Brasil likes their women with long hair, I think this officially signifies me cutting Brasil out of my life both literally and figuratively. Freedom never looked hotter ladies and gentlemen. Take a number people...take a number.
Drunk...rocking the new do with a bottle of gin and some good friends. This is Kevin the math teacher.

This is Roland, owner of the "Teacher's Lounge" party space. Many a Friday nights of gin infused rowdiness are yet to come. If the 4 walls of the "Teacher's Lounge" are still standing by the time I'm fully certified I have not done my job properly..."student" teacher represent!
Have you ever wondered what teachers in training do in the rigorous walls of the teacher training programme? Well let me tell you. We all spend 15,000 bucks to sit around in classes that have little relevance to our careers and we write "reflections" on a bunch of fluffy crap. We also get drunk at the bar, go back to class and make stupid posters while half cut and then bring the posters back to the bar where our fellow "candidates" are still pounding back the pitchers and show off our beer inspired handy work...well done John, well done. A fine representative for the teacher in all of us.
When not "reflecting" or involved in drunken poster assembly I have been known to whip out my top secret alter-ego "Alexa Von EvilEyes" - German covert spy and BlueBlocker model extraordinare. With my partner in crime "Sergeant Alfonsa Goldentop" we spend our nights fighting sobriety under the cover of darkness....
When we're not busy busting sober people with our gin laden laser beams, we make time for elaborate Indonesian dinners ...
The adventures continue...stay tuned.
Cheers
"schoolin' yo asses since 2005"
Joe
This ladies and gentlemen is the future of education. Inspiring isn't it....hmmmm....maybe not.
This is me and Noriko, she's a math teacher in one of my classes. I am including said picture so that you can all gasp at my long flowing locks. No, I have not been taking "hair growth supplements" as some of you have implied on facebook, that's 100% O'naturelle people.
Rocking it out with some of my fellow "teacher candidates," that's what they call us now. No more "student teachers" apparently they think it demeans us. I mean 'common people, just quit it with the PC bullshit. I am a "student teacher" through and through. I will become the face of the "represent the old skool un-PC lingo" movement within the hallowed halls of the Neville Scarfe Education building and hoist the mighty flag of studentdom high and proud. Having the word "student" in my title allows me to make hella mistakes, and look and act like an incompetent lout and not feel bad about it. It also gives me full rights to drink beer until I puke, party all night and eat shitty food because I can't afford anything but Kraft dinner...I don't see any "candidates" claiming those long held students rights! I'm clinging onto the last remnants of my studentness until the bitter end.This is Roland, owner of the "Teacher's Lounge" party space. Many a Friday nights of gin infused rowdiness are yet to come. If the 4 walls of the "Teacher's Lounge" are still standing by the time I'm fully certified I have not done my job properly..."student" teacher represent!
Have you ever wondered what teachers in training do in the rigorous walls of the teacher training programme? Well let me tell you. We all spend 15,000 bucks to sit around in classes that have little relevance to our careers and we write "reflections" on a bunch of fluffy crap. We also get drunk at the bar, go back to class and make stupid posters while half cut and then bring the posters back to the bar where our fellow "candidates" are still pounding back the pitchers and show off our beer inspired handy work...well done John, well done. A fine representative for the teacher in all of us. The adventures continue...stay tuned.
Cheers
"schoolin' yo asses since 2005"
Joe


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home