we interupt this highly lacking and totally procrastinated Brasil retrospective to give you all a retrospective of a different sort...
Yes that's right ladies and gentlemen, I am once again a humble student within the hallowed halls of academia (namely UBC). Day one of teacher training didn't offer many surprises and was, as expected, very "you are the hope for the future." As I sat through hour upon hour of orientation I couldn't help but expect the P.A to start spouting "We are the World" and children to start running out onto the stage in some kind of correographed dance routine. But I was prepared for the cheese factor thanks to all my friends who have made it through the programme and lived to tell about it.
But in reality, I'm sure it will be fine and anything that takes as much stress and money to get into as this program did can't be that bad. There seems to be a lot of cool people there too. Of course, as I expected and was warned, there is of course the requisite uber hyper/annoying/I'm gonna save the children and save the planet/super teacher gold stars in training that I will have to fight my hardest to avoid punching in the face. One in particular has already rubbed me the wrong way and I only spent about 45 mins with her. Unfortunately Super Sally the magnificent is in several of my classes which means I will be spending a about 40 hours a weeks of class time with her and her hyperactive cropped-topped ass. Nothing spells loving like a knitted crop-top. But I digress....the cool people highly outnumber the crop-top brigade which is a relief.
On the cool people note, ironically enough I show up to one of my classes and it turns out the sitting next to me is a Mie JET that I worked with in Japan! What are the odds (for those of your from J-town it's Sherry Major from Ise!) So that's pretty cool and she seems almost as cynical about the whole thing as me.
Hopefully I will get less cynical as the year progresses and will rock my practicum to the himalayas and back and again and all will be calm in the universe.
That is all I have to say about that!
In other news.....
I promise. Sorry I'm such a lamo with the updating but having perused Grace, Shannon and Katherine's blogs I have realized that they're not doing much better. So I'm just keeping up with the Jones'
And to all of you who get annoyed by my shitty grammar and spelling in this thing..BOOO! This is my happy place and as long as you all understand what I'm trying to say then I'm happy with that! I'm saving my Mad English skillz for the classroom baby! Bad grammar REPRESENT!
Love you all
Cheers from the crop-top teacher farm
J
Joe's first day back at school
Yes that's right ladies and gentlemen, I am once again a humble student within the hallowed halls of academia (namely UBC). Day one of teacher training didn't offer many surprises and was, as expected, very "you are the hope for the future." As I sat through hour upon hour of orientation I couldn't help but expect the P.A to start spouting "We are the World" and children to start running out onto the stage in some kind of correographed dance routine. But I was prepared for the cheese factor thanks to all my friends who have made it through the programme and lived to tell about it.
But in reality, I'm sure it will be fine and anything that takes as much stress and money to get into as this program did can't be that bad. There seems to be a lot of cool people there too. Of course, as I expected and was warned, there is of course the requisite uber hyper/annoying/I'm gonna save the children and save the planet/super teacher gold stars in training that I will have to fight my hardest to avoid punching in the face. One in particular has already rubbed me the wrong way and I only spent about 45 mins with her. Unfortunately Super Sally the magnificent is in several of my classes which means I will be spending a about 40 hours a weeks of class time with her and her hyperactive cropped-topped ass. Nothing spells loving like a knitted crop-top. But I digress....the cool people highly outnumber the crop-top brigade which is a relief.
On the cool people note, ironically enough I show up to one of my classes and it turns out the sitting next to me is a Mie JET that I worked with in Japan! What are the odds (for those of your from J-town it's Sherry Major from Ise!) So that's pretty cool and she seems almost as cynical about the whole thing as me.
Hopefully I will get less cynical as the year progresses and will rock my practicum to the himalayas and back and again and all will be calm in the universe.
That is all I have to say about that!
In other news.....
- Luciano is moving back to Rio and this does not sit well with me
- I am going to Justin Timberlake tomorrow and am not ashamed about it in the least
- I finally got to quit TELUS and am now free from the world of the call center. I made some sweet cash, got fat and became a cynical bitch - I think I might need some councelling to get over it all...and a good diet plan.
I promise. Sorry I'm such a lamo with the updating but having perused Grace, Shannon and Katherine's blogs I have realized that they're not doing much better. So I'm just keeping up with the Jones'
And to all of you who get annoyed by my shitty grammar and spelling in this thing..BOOO! This is my happy place and as long as you all understand what I'm trying to say then I'm happy with that! I'm saving my Mad English skillz for the classroom baby! Bad grammar REPRESENT!
Love you all
Cheers from the crop-top teacher farm
J


2 Comments:
joe-chan! i'm sorry - i didn't mean to rag you about your grammar - i just thought your mistakes were cute. i take it all back - and besides, i've been making mistakes on my blog too, and rob has had to correct me and make me re-post things! don't let me take away from your happy place! please love me still!!!!!
i'm glad to hear there are cool people in your cohort - and people who wear "aneles tops"... there will always be a few in each class, including the ones you teach. Guddo rakku with your studies. i want to hear about your classes!
how was the justin timberlake concert? i wouldn't be ashamed of it either...i hear he's actually very good live!
Post a Comment
<< Home