Sunday, June 03, 2007

So, it's been a while. Time sure flies when you are chin deep in school work and crappy overtime.


I am leaving for Brasil in T-minus 2 days...shit, I didn't realize how soon until I just wrote that...2 days!!! Am I prepared? Hell no! Not in the slightest, but gosh darnit am I ever happy to get outta here plop my feet on Brasilian soil. My exodus to saucy samba land nears! AHOY!


I'm hoping that my trip is going to be fruitful. I'm not sure what kind of fruit it's going to bear, sweet? sour? bitter? But I'm pretty sure whatever kind of fruit it is, there's going to be a pretty tough skin that needs to be peeled off first. Oh well, the sweetest fruit is sometimes hidden under the toughest and most bitter rind...we'll just hope that Brazil is a big juicy orange.


I still have a bunch of stuff down there that didn't show up before I left in August so I am bringing down an extra bag in prepartion for my long overdue reunion with my tweed high heels and my 200 CD collection. Joy!! Of course I'm more excited about my reunion with Luciano but I'm trying to play it down in case things end on a dissapointing note. It's pretty hard to say how things are going to turn out with this one, especially since I do have to return to Canada for school for another 12 months which will make things a bit more difficult. I guess all I can go on is the fact that I feel very comfortable with my decision to go back. When I left back in August I knew I would be returning I just didn't know when (and I don't think I was expecting it to be in less than a year but I guess the illogical jibber-jabbering of the heart is stronger than we anticipate in some cases).

I've spent a lot of time thinking about what I am stepping into again and in keeping with my usual "can't fool the fates" way of looking at things, I'm pretty convinced it's the way things were supposed to unwind (although I don't know where things are headed). Coming home was tough for me and I managed to spend a good 6 month wallowing in self-pity but recently things have come into perspective and I am seeing all the reasons why I needed to come home when I did. I ended up scoring a beautiful home in Van with a deliciously sweet roomate and slightly annoying yet snuggle friendly cat, I got a job that pays the bills and has ensured not only that I have enough $ to go down to Brasil but also to save up towards my tuition. I got to come home to be here with Erin having her baby (and end up being a godmama to the cutest little nugget in the world!!). I guess all in all it makes sense in a cosmic kind of way. Me being up here also allowed Lu to get his life in order down there and allowed his family to have their time with him without me vying for all his attentions.



So now the adventure continues.



That being all said and covered, let's review some of the tasty morsels of the last few weeks shall we?



1) Mystery event revealed!! So I finally got to take my #1 lady Miss Erin Bessette out for her first night out sans baby. Mystery event? BJORK of course. Kudos are most definetly in order for my lady for not having snooped on the internet and ruined the surprise. It was nice to be able to surprise someone who likes to be surprised! The concert was amazing, the weather was delicious and Bjork delivered.

2) Spiderman 3 sucks. 'nuff said. Question...what the hell does a dance scene have to do with spiderman? Although my knowledge of comics is low I have a feeling that dancing was not a big part of them. I actually felt myself getting embarrased for the people in the film. Does Tobby McGuire really think that the whole wierd third dimension dance routine in the middle of his "serious action flick" is going to help his carreer? Hmmmm, I think not.

3) I'm a godmama!! Whoopee! Someone thinks I'm responsible enough to be responsible for their kid!! Holy kamoly! I am now officially little Oliver Martin's Godmama. I even had to sign a very important and professional looking contract made by mom (complete with cute picture and bubble writing) promising to take care of him and make sure that I give him a glass of gin when he gets in a fight with his mommy and daddy and needs to cool off. Sweetness, I have official permission to corrupt! I'm gonna be one rad-ass godmama. whoop whoop!

4) My first sunburn of the season. Got a nice roasty red glow thanks to a break in the torential rain. Joy! Nice base tan for Brasil.

O.K enough blabbing on.

Sorry I haven't updated much lately (Shannon...this one's for you!)

Cheers
J

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ITTERASSHAI!!!!!!!!!

Give Mr. L our best. I hope Brasil is really funky, like passion fruit.

I had it in Indonesia... look at it, it's horrible-looking!

http://picasaweb.google.com/tamakasa/Honeymoon12251230/photo#5014894934193218626

Have a safe and FUN trip!

06 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe!

Thanks for the comments on my page! Glad someone reads it...

Best of luck in Brazil, I hope whatever you find down there will bring you some peace. Looking forward to hearing from you. Take care of yourself!

Pamela

07 June, 2007  
Blogger Grace said...

Have a fantastic trip, Joe!

07 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.219
"Forget about him and his good qualities. Even forget about his bad ones. Forget about all his excuses and what he promises. Ask yourself one question only: Is he making you happy?" You know you deserve to have a great relationship. I'll be thinking of you in Brazil...luv Nicki

10 June, 2007  
Blogger shan said...

awwwww....was that shout out for me?? !! or, maybe i'll be totally embarrassed because it was for another shannon. oh, well. either way, i've been super bad at updating too. at least you have your shit together, girl. i just quit my job and i'm about to be unemployed in a week. fuck...the late 20s suck. i wanna go back to school, but for what?!

anyway, that's fabulous you're going to brazil. i'm so excited for you!!! follow your heart. who gives a fuck what anyone else says cuz you're gonna do what you're gonna do. love makes us do crazy shit and take crazy bull shit from people. love endures. but, who knows, maybe you'll see him and think, "i was tripping off of YOU??!!"

keep us updated!

24 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home