So, I bought the ticket....
Destination: Brasil! June 7-July1
To all of you who just let of a shocked gasp...relax, I will be coming home.
To my Japanese friends, sorry but I guess you're just going to have to come to Canada to visit me. Now you don't have any excuses! I may still make it over there sometime in the future.
Luciano has left Rio (which was one of the stipulations of me coming down). I will be heading down to Sao Paulo state and hopefully we will be tripping around a bit. I would like to see Rio for a few days but feel it would be most unproductive to stay longer than a few days in the carnage and bloodbath that hides beyond the borders of the Impanema Tourist trap. Lu also talked about maybe heading up to Minas Gerais where his brother lives. I am relieved that I won't have to battle it out in Rio but a bit bummed that I won't get to sun my ass on the beach. That being said, my ass wouldn't look too good with a bullet lodged in it so Sao Paulo it is.
Having learned from the mistakes of my past ventures down in the jungle, I will be packing my bag full of OFF bug repellent since I still have scars from last year's onslaught of flesh chomping flies.
I'm pretty sure that things are going to be different this time around since I know what I'm heading in to and I also know that I will be coming home again. I think so much of my stress last time had to do with the fact that my life was so completely up in the air there and I kept finding myself saying "holy shit what the hell am I going to do with my life down here?!" This time I don't have to worry about that. I am hoping to relax, do my homework, see friends I made, and most important spend some time with the boy and figure it all out. I've had almost a year of "self-realization" time so I think my head is in a good place.
I feel most delightful about my decision. No second guesses, which surprises me and relieves me to a great extent.
Anyway, only three weeks and an 18 hour plane ride to go!
Cheers
Joe
P.S Did you notice my clever usage of Brasillian colors? Damn I'm good.



2 Comments:
Yay I'm so excited for you!
Good decision... was hoping you would decide to go!!! Good luck
Post a Comment
<< Home