Friday, July 06, 2007

Please bare with me while I vent for 20 seconds.
(and sorry that I haven't done the Brasil spectacular photo tour yet, I've been working everyday since I got back but will hopefully pull a bit of extra time outta my ass this Sunday and get shit done. )

O.K vent time...

why the hell is everyone getting freaking married, and why the hell do they have to plaster it all over facebook? God what the hell, Facebook is turning into some creepy ass online wedding gallery with people posting in their status "______ is waiting to get married" and "_____ is married" and "________ is trying on wedding veils" Ugh, boo, cough cough. And why the hell is everyone who's like 3 years younger than me already married. I mean shit did I really screw up my whole life by going to Japan and running away with a Brasilian welder?
anyway I would just like to thanks people who
A) didn't bother getting married (Erin B and Mieranda and Ms Cindi and my brother) and
B) People who did/are getting married but don't feel it necessary to coat their entire lives with that milky coating of wedding goo that permeates all aspects of their existence (Erin and Scott, Liz and Al - God bless ya!)

Thank you
Rant over and to all of you who are married I mean no offence, I'm merely cranky and feeling sorry for myself. I like weddings, I just don't like people who can't have a life in the 8 months leading up to their wedding because their too busy picking out napkin rings for the table settings.

oh and more things to come about Brasil that I forgot to mention
  • the Brasilian "drive in"
  • novellas taking over people's minds
  • what do you mean you're not baptized?!?!
Cheers for now
J

Oh and ya, Shan, ya, that one was for you - keeping my peeps happy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

JOE! Welcome back! And guess what? I'm not married either. One more point for the legions of umarrieds!

Looking foward to photos.

08 July, 2007  
Blogger shan said...

thanks for the shout out again! you know, the whole marriage thing has been bugging me too. i suffer from the "grass is greener" complex. i'm with someone so kind and wonderful, but i can't help but yearn for the freedom and naughtiness that comes with being single. i had this dream last week that it was my wedding day. i began to freak out and started screaming, "it's not my time yet!!!" so, that sums up how i feel about marriage.

so, i wanna know what happened in brazil!! do tell!!

08 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm waiting with bated breath! Can't wait to hear all about Brasil.

Sorry we married people bug you!! :D I admit, I get annoyed at other married people myself.

09 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home