Indecision causes wrinkles: Notes from a cosmopolitan wishy-washer
Officially, way more people from way more places look at my myspace. Why is that? It's not interesting, I don't have any witty commentary on my life there or anything. Its just my picture and a map. They don't leave me comments, they just go there and look at my picture and leave me nothing more than a little dot on my map from crazy ass places like Hyattsville USA and Kuala Lumpur and weird places in France and England. Very strange indeed. I wonder who my internet stalkers are. It's nice to know I am cosmopolitan though! Those few years in Japan made me look very worldly indeed.
So what's new? Well I just purchased 2 tickets for me and my girl Erin B to go to a very special "event" which I can't divulge the name of since it's a surprise but dear golly gee I'm excited! You will all have to wait until a fatefull day in May after it's all finished and over with for me to brag about it on here and you can all be JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS!! Ha! mwahhh haa haa!
On the Brasil front. Monday I'm going to Brasil, Tues. I'm going to Japan, Wed. Brasil, Thur. Japan, Fri. Brasil, Sat. Japan and Sun. Croatia. So ya, haven't made up my mind with that one. It's so funny. All my friends here are less than keen on my heading back down. I'm getting a lot of "don't do it, step forward, not back" interestingly enough however, all my friends from Japan are all "do it!! What the hell are you waiting for ?" I think maybe you needed to have spent a lot of time travelling the globe to understand. I don't know, I just find the difference in approaches funny. It could also be that most, if not all of my friends from J-town have had, or are currently in, a relationship with someone from another country and understand what it's all about. Most likely I will not make a decision until just before I step foot on that plane. I think that Katharine put it all in perspective when she said that once I slam that door shut it can't be reopened, if I take another look now however, there's nothing stopping me from closing it later if that's what I need to do. Life is crazy and unpredictable, my life is no exception so we shall see. All I know is that I'm in an insane rut and I need to get my groove back. Wherever I go in June I am determined to find it there.
Hmmm what else.
Ah shit, it snowed yesterday. Jeezuz!! It's freaking April, stop the insanity already. NO MORE WINTER!! That's it, I'm going on strike.
So to all my friends in Japan...maybe I won't be coming over...maybe I will. I guess it depends which way the wind blows the day I buy my tickets.
Cheers from the land of indecision.
J


5 Comments:
Harro.
I wouldn't care if it took you a year to decide. Take your time!
I think you're right, us world-walkers know that no place is the same, even if you've been there before. Don't be hasty, and try to forget about it for a bit, then go with your first feeling.
Ouen shitemas!
oh joe you have me at the end of my seat, i cant wait!
With regards to Brasil, have you (since you left the first time) had a change in perspective/heart that will allow you to overcome what it was that last caused you to leave? Do you see youself settling down there? If so, go go GO to Brail. If not, as hard as it is, it may be time to let go. Brasil will be the same as it was and unless you as a person change, it could lead to another round of hardship and heartbreak and I don't want you to suffer! Good luck with the decision. Follow your heart, but don't ignore your brain!
Also, I wanna come and visit you!
Joe! Good luck with you decision.. I know it's not easy but just do what feels right. If you do come to Japan, that would be fab. I'll keep stalking you to see how it all pans out!
Ahem, I mean your decision. My English hasn't gotten THAT bad!
Post a Comment
<< Home