Friday, February 23, 2007

Things I have learned recently:

  1. Staring at a blank computer screen does not make words magically appear either on the screen or in my head.
  2. Long breaks from academia make writing papers incredibly difficult
  3. Sitting at a computer while patiently waiting for a masterful piece of academic beauty to appear is conducive to the following acts:

Eating large amounts of food when not hungry

Feeling the urge to and then following through on the urge to clean every nook and cranny of your house in order to avoid the inevitable task at hand

Resorting to watching such garbage as “Judge Brown” on TV because at least it’s not staring at a blank screen

Copious MSN messenger usage to people I don’t particularly like (this does not include the Dr. or Mr.Wu of course)

Large amounts of anxiety

Napping

Brushing the cat for 30 minutes

- Calling Spain


4 Comments:

Blogger . said...

Dearest Joe:

Distract yourself if you wish by reading my non-witty and deadly serious look at the JET program interview process. It is done.

23 February, 2007  
Blogger Grace said...

Ah, sounds like all four years of my college career. How I finally managed to finish all of my work just in the nick of time, I don't know. If only someone could bottle that last-minute panic attack frenzied productivity. They'd be millionaires and we would all be so much more productive.

02 March, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harro!!! I miss the west, definitely. I was actually looking at flights using my mileage.... but they are all full or use too many miles. I want the "perksaver" tickets on NWA. Maybe this summer! The thing is, we're going nuts saving money to build our house in the next year, so that's going to kill trip-taking budgets.

Baby and marriage fest... definitely don't jump on the bandwagon until you are ready right? ;) I might have a maternal inkling myself... we'll see how the year goes! :) You'll be the first to know.

I for one, am frightened of the incoming JETs-- the ones that JC picked out for us. Maybe when they come, you should get your butt over here, and have a nostalgic ramen and inaka fest while visiting me :)

06 March, 2007  
Blogger shan said...

hahaha...i remember doing that during my college days. and, i want to do this again for grad school like you?! man...and, i think your writing is still great and you think it's shit? geezus...i'm in for some trouble IF and WHEN i get off of my ass and go back to school.

btw, how are ya? and in regards to your comment on my blog, i can't lose weight cuz i'm a slave to chocolate as well. despite the fact that i have a boyfriend...

11 March, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home