You know how most kids have some "thing" that they collect and manage to over the span of like 3 years, accumulate a ridiculous collection of nicknacs and books and pictures and crappy crap about whatever it is that they decided was their "thing". For my sister is was unicorns (how predictable) but for me, for some wierd reason I decided that i was going to break the mold of every normal pony-loving, unicorn/pegasus worshipping, dolly collecting little lady, hell ya! I was going to collect owls goddammit! So away a went and managed to collect a whack of wierd ass owl memorabilia (which i believe is still sitting in many boxes in my mom´s closet somewhere. But the one thing that I never managed to add to my childhood collection was a true, real life viewing. Well it may have taken 20 years and a trip to the other side of the world but VOILA! Finally. There are two cute little owls that life in a hole on my daily running route. Owls here are pretty small and live in abandoned armadillo holes which apparently they guard ferociously. Luciano has warned me against getting near their heavily guarded hole for fear of getting my eyes scratched out and having one of it´s inhabitant puke up a pellet in my face. So for now I will enjoy the zoom lense on my camera and my daily jog-by viewings.
Cheers
J
(sorry it´s now as exciting as a parrot or a tucan...but we do have a lot of parakeets around. They are pretty but shit are they noisy and irritating. squak squak squak...non-stop)


1 Comments:
I used to (and still kinda do, but not the the same crazed extent as when I was a kid) collect frogs. I even had several real live pet frogs. They were named after some of the Ninja Turtles.
Post a Comment
<< Home