Revolution with a side of spaghetti sauce
It´s official, I finally have friends (and lots and lots of them might I add!!!) Luciano´s mother took me to meet a bunch of Luciano´s friends a few days ago and then were super keen to take me under their wing and invite me to parties ad-nauseum. And as a special bonus prize, two of them are English teachers and two of them are from France so between French, English and bastardized Portuguese I´m doing quite fine. On Friday night I was invited to a small spaghetting eating themed house party at what I like to call "revolution headquarters" here in Sao Carlos. The house reminded me a lot of places that my freinds used to live in when we were in University small and clutered with all sorts of wierd stuff all over the place and of course a large dose of ´revolution´in every room. Why put up a poster when you can just scrawl antí-government slogans right on the wall! I did however notice a lack of toilet, maybe it was outside, I don´t know, I didn´t ask.
It´s official, I finally have friends (and lots and lots of them might I add!!!) Luciano´s mother took me to meet a bunch of Luciano´s friends a few days ago and then were super keen to take me under their wing and invite me to parties ad-nauseum. And as a special bonus prize, two of them are English teachers and two of them are from France so between French, English and bastardized Portuguese I´m doing quite fine. On Friday night I was invited to a small spaghetting eating themed house party at what I like to call "revolution headquarters" here in Sao Carlos. The house reminded me a lot of places that my freinds used to live in when we were in University small and clutered with all sorts of wierd stuff all over the place and of course a large dose of ´revolution´in every room. Why put up a poster when you can just scrawl antí-government slogans right on the wall! I did however notice a lack of toilet, maybe it was outside, I don´t know, I didn´t ask.
On Saturday I went to a party at the university of Sao Paulo campus here in town. For 5 bucks I got to eat and drink all I wanted. It was lots of fun but it would hae been more fun it Luciano was there. Hopefully he will be here soon though.
Another strange thing I have noticed here is that everyone seems to drive a cream colored volkswagen beetle. When we went out to the parking lot to go home there were no joke 15 of the same car parked beside each other. How do these people ever figure out which one is theirs?
Cheers for now
J


2 Comments:
Cane alcohol and spaghetti!!! Sounds awesome. Wow, your life has really taken an interesting turn... post pics as soon as you can! And yes, get a washing machine. Having a washing machine INSIDE my home has been a recent development, and oh how sweet it is.
Maybe they each have their signature "revolutionary slogan" that they spray paint on their beetle to distinguish between them?
Post a Comment
<< Home