Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Some things that made me go hmmmmmm.......

* they still use horses here to do work in contruction and stuff, pulling around bricks and shit.

* there is no hot water in kitchens, they all wash their dishes in cold water, and they don´t use dish soap, they have this bars of soap that sit in a little bowl of water and you dip your sponge in it.

* You don´t have to follow any rules here, they are merely decorative (this includeds all road signs, traffic lights, no smoking rules, parking signs etc)

* ain´t no such thing as a bath tub

* tons of houses are protected by electric fences, barbed wire and have bars on the windows up to the 4 story.

* contrary to what I first thought, gas is actually like 1 dollar CND a litre here. How the hell does that work when people make like 100 bucks a month? I guess those people ride bikes.

* ´paved road´ is in the eye of the beholder

* Avocadoes here are literally the size of a small football. Luciano´s mom bought one for me. I then proceeded to cut it up and put it in a salad, she asked me what I was doing to which I replied, uh...eating the avocado. She then told me I was crazy. Apparently in Brasil they eat avocadoes with sugar and never in her life had she heard of eating it any other way. So she decided to try this new and exciting way of eating said vegetable. It didn´t go over too well. She ate a few bites and apologetically removed the remainder from her plate. What was the wierdest part was after she picked it out of her salad she proceeded to replace it with a chopped banana. A banana in salad!!....well, I never!!!

Cheers
Joe

1 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Make a peanut butter, honey, and banana slices sandwich or chop banana into your morning cereal and milk and see what happens...

26 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home