Thursday, June 29, 2006

Brasilian Bugs
In response to a comment from the lovely Shannon in America. Surprisingly the bugs here are not "off the hook". I have yet to encounter anything that rivals what I found in my apartment in Japan. It could be the fact that it´s winter here, I don´t know. Speaking of winter, yesterday was the coldest day of the year so far, it was 10 degrees.

Bugs so far encountered...

crazy ass leaf cutting ants (just like those ones on all the nature documentaries)
ants ants ants and more ants
1 medium sized spider (but NOTHING like Japan´s man eaters)
1 beetle with a funny elephant nose (but once again, nothing like those beetles in Japan that all the kids have for pets)

As you can see this is highly boring and not "off the hook" whatsoever. Booo! Where´s the anacondas ?!?!

I have to admit that I am dissapointed that I am not living in a more fancy ass tropical place with lots of cooky wildlife. Oh well, I´ve got the locals, that´s enough for now.

Cheers
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home