Wednesday, February 20, 2013

All good things.... Koh Tao Confidential Vol. 11

...must come to an end.
                                       

     Sometimes things do not turn out as we had hoped, for me this has pretty much been the story of my life for the past 18 months. So, for reasons I don't really feel like discussing here I have very little choice but to go back to Bangkok for the next few months. This breaks my heart but as things stand there is no alternative. I love Koh Tao and even though my job is simple and lacks the academic and physical rigours of teaching or diving, I was blissfully happy to sit in my office by the beach and talk to tourists and divers. Unfortunately for me my constant battle to finally find some peace in my life has yet to come to an end. I was pretty convinced that with the ringing in of 2013 I would also be ringing in a fresh page in my life. Disappointingly, life does not seem to follow the Western calendar year (and with Chinese new years come and gone it doesn't seem to follow the Chinese calendar either) so I will sit back and wait impatiently for things to turn around. Perhaps having spent the last 4 years in Thailand, my life has somehow become cosmically linked to the Buddhist calendar and Songkran in April will give birth to a new beginning for me. Anyway, I have a few more days left here and perhaps a few more posts left in the Koh Tao Confidential series.
It is with an incredibly heavy heart that I am leaving Koh Tao and all the amazing friends I have made here. I have to believe that all things happen for a reason and as is par for the course in the recent life of this Princess of the Paddies, bumps are to be expected. I will hopefully be back to Tao in the future for a visit and who knows, maybe an extended stay. My life has proven far to unpredictable to make plans. As I've said before, why make plans, they always fall apart.
I will be moving into Chateau Carrie Sammut as of February 26th where I will first sit in my room in the dark and cry for 3 days and will then pull myself together and live it up BKK style until May 27th when I will board my luxurious AirAsia flight to Bali and hopefully finally find some peace and happiness. 
I haven't been able to make it through a single day over the past week without crying over my imminent departure but in the end nothing can change the paths our lives are meant to take so I should probably save all the energy I've put out crying and put it towards something more productive like going to the gym or building sandcastles or something. 
Tomorrow I am off to Burma on a visa run with my lovely friend Nikki and I'm sure it will bring about some blog worthy moments so stay tuned for a quick and dirty "Burma Chronicles" edition hitting the blogosphere soon.

Much love from the departures lounge
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home