Sink or Swim....or Vomit - Koh Tao Confidential Vol. 5
Greetings followers,
Well this may be my last post if things don't go according to plan. Tonight I'm supposed to take the always "reliable and safe" night boat to Surat Thani in an effort to make it to Bangkok for a few requisite doctors appointments and a "better late than never" reunion with my old Bangers crew. Problem is, the seas are rough at the moment (3:30pm) so much so that all the local fishing boats have moored up in Sairee Bay and the afternoon boats from pretty much every local dive shop are tossing their customers in at Sairee Reef for a dive (which only happens when it's too choppy to head anywhere else). I've been informed that when the seas get too rough the night boat (9pm departure) just doesn't leave and we get stuck here until the seas are calmer. I've also been informed that the only boats to the mainland that ever sink are the night boats. Great. Unfortunately for me, I have a flight booked from Surat Thani up to BKK that I need to make and appointments that are difficult to reschedule. Here's hoping that I make it in one piece and don't end up floating around on my backpack in the middle of the Gulf of Thailand tonight. I've stuffed my pocket full of sea sickness tablets and am keeping my passport on my body in case of a quick abandon ship. Oh well, what is my new life if not adventurous right?
Keeping my fingers crossed that I see the soil of the mainland.
Will post from dry land if I make it! :)
Cheers from choppy seas
J



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home