It is currently 1am on Friday night/Saturday morning. So far today 11 people have been killed and over 100 have been injured, some of them critically. Machine gun fire and explosions and becoming commonplace in the streets of Bangkok. It is estimated that there are between 5000 and 10000 protesters in the Silom camp. Many of these protesters and women, children and the elderly. The news has been plastered with photos and video clips of Thai soldiers firing into the park where they are camped while the Red fire back with slingshots and bottles. How can you fight bullets with stones?
I don't know how to even begin to digest this situation. My heart is screaming. How can a people kill their own countrymen? How can a soldier fire on unarmed women and children. I'm sick about it. I'm sick that I have to sit here and watch it happen because, due to the fact that this is not my country, I am forced to remain a bystander.
Physically I remain safe. Psycholigically is another story...
J
I don't know how to even begin to digest this situation. My heart is screaming. How can a people kill their own countrymen? How can a soldier fire on unarmed women and children. I'm sick about it. I'm sick that I have to sit here and watch it happen because, due to the fact that this is not my country, I am forced to remain a bystander.
Physically I remain safe. Psycholigically is another story...
J


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home