CRES has just lifted the curfew, only hours after they said we needed. I guess that is a good sign (???).
I thought I'd post a couple of pictures I took off my balcony, I guess it doesn't really do it justice but you get an idea at least
I thought I'd post a couple of pictures I took off my balcony, I guess it doesn't really do it justice but you get an idea at least
I am incredibly bothered by the fact that we've been called in to work tomorrow. It's not that I'm mad that I don't get a long weekend, it's that the school has decided to disregard the safety of the staff and students. I wonder if the fact that the owner doesn't have to refund a day's worth of tuition to students if he keeps the school open but they choose not to show up has something to do with it.
I should point out that the international school literally one block down the street is closed for the whole week. Clearly us staying open has nothing to do with our location being safe since we have always followed suit with the school down the street and they clearly do not feel comfortable staying open. I guess the owner just can't fathom the idea of refunding money for the sake of student safety - even if the Thai government has publicly urged all schools including International school to remain closed until next Monday. Might I add that the subway and the skytrain are both closed tomorrow so those people who don't live in the immediate vicinity of the school are expected to drive on the streets (which right now seems to be subject to unpredictable gunfire).
They sure do know how to make their employees feel valued..."meh, who cares about your safety...time is money people, time is money!"
The government has also just declared Monday and Tuesday as holidays for the entire city of Bangkok. That means no one is expected to go to work...except us apparently. When the goverment is saying that it is too dangerious for the general public to go to work doesn't that mean that it is simply that "TOO DANGEROUS TO GO TO WORK"!! What the hell!!???!! What kind of place am I working in?
That third year I've been considering isn't looking so great after all (and it has everything to do with the school's opinion of my value - or lack thereof - and nothing to do with the current political situation)
Grrrrr.
J


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home