Thursday, May 28, 2009



They say that music can tame the savage beast...this song tames mine.

I'm going to let you in on my little indulgence.
This song takes me to a place I love to go. It's a place that is drenched thick in what ifs and what shall never bes. It's warm water, the brush of fingers on cheeks. It's the salty taste of skin on the lips and tongue.
I can't help but dive in, surround myself with it. It's emotional poetry, it's the duet I never had a chance to sing. It's a late night on a park bench, it's a kiss that could stop traffic. It's hidden poems, beers in small cafes. When I am wrapped in the gentle arms of this song I can taste that one thing that I always thirst for but never seem to be able to reach. I drink it up.
It's my fantasy come to life. I rediscovered passion, intensity and raw savage emotional bliss to this song. This song makes me purr.
I recently had a very sobering peice of reality thrown at me. It made me cry tears heavy with the burden of truth. Viscous they clung to my cheeks.
This song kills that feeling. It seems to be the only thing that does right now. I think it's because it takes me to a place where that reality doesn't exist. I'd like to set up camp. I'd much rather bath in the melody of a fantasy than the murky waters of the uncomfortable truth.

Cheers
J

3 Comments:

Blogger Eyeliah said...

Sorry you are going through some difficult times (hopefully it has passed being three weeks later). This song is so lovely, I feel I am being whisked away myself.
H

20 June, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love our reading your words.xoxo
EB

22 June, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok take out the "Our"
I'm tired

22 June, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home