Thursday, March 19, 2009


I've got the whole world....

First I'm stressed out because I don't know if I have any options. Now I'm stressed out because I might have too many! Is there any happy middle ground?

O.K so here's the deal. Maple Leaf has given me until March 30th to give them a firm yes or no on the contract offer.
There is a British School in Thailand that offers IB and IGCSE that is interested and already checking my references and will get back to my March 26th, there is a school in Costa Rica that sent me an email saying that there is a "possible" English position opening up and I'm at the top of the list if it does become available and they they will get back to me "very soon" and I just heard from a recruitment agency about a strong likelihood of an offer from Dubai or the UAE within a short time. I also have another school in China (Shanghai) trying to get me in for an interview as well as a BC curriculum school in Nanjing.

So the dilema is this...I probably won't have a definite yes or no from any of these before the 30th of March. If I turn down the Maple Leaf job and don't get any other offers then I'm screwed but if I say yes to maple leaf and then get offered a wicked IB job in Costa Rica or Thailand or Dubai then I'm screwed too!

Ugh timelines!
Anyway, I guess I should just roll with it. Maple Leaf would be a great deal for $ but it's not IB and it isn't really paying into my "future" as an international school teacher in that I'm not getting any experience with the curriculums I need (most international schools teach IB and IGCSE). So do I take a chance and wait. I've got 2 weeks to figure it out.

Cheers from the mind of a global vagabond/educator extraordinaire.

J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home