
So I got a job offer from Blue Valley School in Escazu, Costa Rica (here's a picture of the campus). I'm not sure what to do. Costa Rica would be the bomb, it's an IB school as well but the pay is low, low, low. Now I'm not sure about the cost of living in Costa Rica but I've heard it's expensive. Now this of course is coming from backpackers who have spent time living in Columbia and Venezuela where things are really cheap so who knows. The director of the school said that I will not get rich but will have enough cash to pay college debt and travel around central america. It's a 2 year contract and since their school year is different from here I would have to be there for orientation on July 15th. This of course means no summer vacation. I do however get three months of paid vacation which helps. The big chunk of which is in December. So it would mean another 6 months before a break.
Things that I don't know about are flights and accomodation which of course make a big difference. She said that I could take my time to decide so I will.
The interview with Bangkok went quite well I think and I was told it is down to me and one other candidate so my chances are good. I will hear back hopefully some time this week.
All in all Bangkok is a better school but the appeal of getting that much closer to South America is tempting indeed. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the tide flows on the Bangkok side of things. I also had a letter of interest from the American School of Santo Domingo today. I don't think that would be the best choice since it's not IB and I'm sure living in the the Dominican Republic is a hell of a lot more chaotic than taking a short vacation.
and so we wait...
Cheers from a potential C.R resident
J


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home