Sorry sorry sorry for my complete and total lack of updates. I suck. Truth is that I have been pretty busy / uninspired for the past little bit. Life just doesn't seem that interesting when you're stuck living in your home town going to university full-time and getting closer and closer to the reality of "grown-up" life. In fact it's quite dull...sigh...
First off it was a night with Mr. Kanye West. I can imagine that some of you are rolling your eyes right about now but hey, that shit was good. The best part was that although the show had been completely sold out for over 2 months I was able to use my super slick insider info at ticketmaster to score me and my two lovely dates prime seats at cost the morning of the show.
Ha ha! All these folks had to fight tooth and nail for their tickets, not I!!
So here's a picture of Mr. West doing his thing. Yes it is a shitty photo but it proves I was there! The show was very "Kanye" indeed. It consisted of him running around the stage talking about how great he was and then having a discussion with the "computer voice" that was attached to the "spaceship" he was riding around in about how great he was. The computer voice then proceeded to turn into a video projection of a naked lady that Kanye girated against. Then there was lots of smoke and some pyrotechnics. But his songs were fly and the vibe was good. Problem was I had to sit through Rhianna to get to this point. She wore a black leather suit and sang about her umbrella-ella-ella.
Team Kanye in all their glory. My lovely roomie Ms. Kirsch Kaija, Gary and yours truly. The two gals from the East side showed Mr. Sandhu how to rock it out by sneaking flasks of tequila into the show by shoving them down our pants.
Show # 2 was the lovely Ms. Erykah Badu
I saw Erykah Badu back in Japan but I must admit that this was WAY better. Not only was I allowed to move around the club freely (instead of being stuck in a Japanese cage) I was also allowed to take pictures, dance freely, and drink tasty gin cocktails :)
In my next life I want to be one of Badu's backup girls...delicious
Spectacular fun night # 3
This one was a total and complete surprise. Ms. Erin B came down to give me a birthday surprise. I thought we were heading out for dinner and chilling out in town but low and behold I ended up here:
Lucky for me it was Opening night and as we walked through the doors the lovely Cirque staff handed us each a bottle of champagne and a straw and sent us on our way. We also decided to get our faces painted a la Cirque

It was absolutely amazing. Sadly Erin had to leave to go home to her little baby after the show so I went and met my roomie at the bar down the street, still painted up and managed to have a totally drunk 38 year old Chiropractor attempt to take me home by pulling the oh-so original line "I'm a doctor" and handing me the ol' business card ...good for you but I'd rather date a Marxist hand drummer thank you very much.
O.K I'm getting tired of this post, it is neither witty nor articulate but it has lotsa purdy pictures. I will update about my mad birthday adventures and the consequent hangover soon.
Cheers inarticulocity
J
I have had a few adventure recently however which I will know enlighten you with in a lovely photo montage because as they say...a picture says a thousand words.
First off it was a night with Mr. Kanye West. I can imagine that some of you are rolling your eyes right about now but hey, that shit was good. The best part was that although the show had been completely sold out for over 2 months I was able to use my super slick insider info at ticketmaster to score me and my two lovely dates prime seats at cost the morning of the show.
Show # 2 was the lovely Ms. Erykah Badu
It was freaking spectacular in everyway possible.
In my next life I want to be one of Badu's backup girls...delicious
Spectacular fun night # 3
This one was a total and complete surprise. Ms. Erin B came down to give me a birthday surprise. I thought we were heading out for dinner and chilling out in town but low and behold I ended up here:
Lucky for me it was Opening night and as we walked through the doors the lovely Cirque staff handed us each a bottle of champagne and a straw and sent us on our way. We also decided to get our faces painted a la Cirque
It was absolutely amazing. Sadly Erin had to leave to go home to her little baby after the show so I went and met my roomie at the bar down the street, still painted up and managed to have a totally drunk 38 year old Chiropractor attempt to take me home by pulling the oh-so original line "I'm a doctor" and handing me the ol' business card ...good for you but I'd rather date a Marxist hand drummer thank you very much.
O.K I'm getting tired of this post, it is neither witty nor articulate but it has lotsa purdy pictures. I will update about my mad birthday adventures and the consequent hangover soon.
Cheers inarticulocity
J


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home