Yes ladies and gentlemen, today was the day. Back in January I made a resolution to not only enter the Vancouver Sun Run, but to RUN the entire 10km course. After having bypassed any form of training for the last 2 months due to copious amounts of practicum related insanity, I figured it was an impossibility but I laced up my shoes and in the company of my running buddy Ms. Nicki Kantz, made my way to the start line of the largest 10km run in Canada (along with the 59,000 other runners).
and.... we RAN the entire course! No walking or stopping to catch our breath, uphill, downhill, across 2 bridges. We were road race superstars.That's right people, bow down to our super fantasticness, BOW DOWN!!! Not sure of my time yet but it looks like we did it in under 1 hour so that makes me pretty happy.
Horray! I am sporty! And I think I'm kinda hooked...
My practicum is over in two weeks. I have lots of stuff going on but no time to write about it. I will bless you all with a super juicy action packed entry after May 2nd.
Entry to include such tasty viddles as:
Life for the past 3 months
My new position as Britannia High's Choir leader
A potential job offer in a far away land
My new desire to not have any children or get married
All the fantastic concerts I have purchased tickets for
General blabbering about stupid shit
Cheers from Super Sporty Central
J



2 Comments:
congrats on completing the run my dear joe! i was wondering if you did it at all, as you are so busy with everything else, so good on you! i don't think i could've done it, at least not without stopping to throw up or die somewhere along the way. can't wait until you're done school so i can catch up on what else you've been up to.
c
daaaaaaaaayum....you're a champ! good for you!
Post a Comment
<< Home