
Today I heard news that tore my heart out of my chest.About a month ago, a group of Fransisco's friends and his parents gathered in a park in Vancouver to plant a tree in his honour. We wrote letters to him and placed them in a jar under the roots of the new tree. We sprinkled his ashes in the soil. Only three days after, the city of Vancouver removed the tree, removed our letters, removed the one place that we had to spent time with our memories of him. Because some bureaucratic permit had not been filed or some city bylaw had been overlooked.
I have not been back since we planted the tree but I had hoped to spend many days having picnics with Fransisco in the park that he loved so much. The fact that the city pulled what little we had left of him out of the ground , disrespected his ashes, his friends, his family, fills my soul with a sadness that I cannot stifle. How dare they take him away from us again.
I will be writing a letter to the city tomorrow.
my heart is broken...
J


1 Comments:
I haven't checked your blog for a bit (won't let it happen again). Anyway, I'm very sorry to hear about that. I didn't know your friend, but he sounds like he was loved by many and that is a terrible thing the city did. I hope there is some way they can rectify the situation.
Pamela
Post a Comment
<< Home