Wednesday, March 18, 2009

what to do...what to do?

So officially have at least one job offer. The question is how long can I hold off on my decision before they give up on me. I would really like to wait a bit to see if anything more suitable comes along before I sign my life away.

The job is at the Maple Leaf school in Dalian, China. It's a decent school that offers B.C curriculum high school diplomas to Chinese students looking to do post secondary studies overseas. I would be teaching in English and I would be teaching the regular BC high school curriculum but it boils down the fact that I will be teaching ESL students which can be frustrating especially when I'm accustomed to teaching high level literature. But at this point I'm kinda in a "beggers can't be choosers" situation. The good thing about this job is that it pays through the nose and I can expect to pay off ALL my student loans in one year of working there. The downside is that I really want to be in an I.B school next year. I am still waiting on some leads that I have going on but I guess if I don't hear back in a week or so I might have to accept with maple leaf out of desperation.

On the up side, I am really glad that I am getting out. I'm not too happy that in a way I'm being forced to leave but clearly it was time for me to make my great escape. Adventure (and hopefully money) awaits me somewhere. I'm hopping across all the little stones that lead to the other side of the river (a nice kooshy job at an IB school in S. America where I will live happily ever after). I wonder how long it will take me to get there and were my life will lead me in between.

Send some positive cosmic vibes my way for an amazing job.

Cheers
Joe

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

+ come and play up in Whistler first..! tV.

18 March, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home