
Oh how life can change in the blink of an eye....
A very large wrench has been tossed into the workings of my life. The one thing that I was promised would not happen did, thanks to unions and seniority I have been given the ol' heave ho outta my job come the end of the year. Also, thanks to unions and seniority I have nothing to come back to in September except the faint glimmer of a chance that I might get a shitty hodge-podge of a job consisting of 1 block of this and 1 block of that and 1/2 block of something else at some school somewhere in Surrey. Unions are great and I am the first person to be flaming the fires of unionization but it does really suck when everyone says "you are a great teacher, you are doing an amazing job, the kids love you, we are so happy to have you here...but too bad, so sad there is nothing we can do to keep you." I guess I can find respite in the fact that I'm not getting fired or "persuaded" to leave and that due to the unfortunate circumstances of the situation everyone at the school is willing to help me out in any way possible.
So where does that leave me? Well it's pretty common knowledge that I put my fantastic global adventures on hold to take this IB position so now that it is gone so am I! In reality I had only anticipated staying at Semi one more year so I guess the fates have just given me a little bit of an extra kick in the pants to get my butt on outta here.
I must admit I'm bummed about the whole thing only for the fact that I was unfortunately mislead into thinking the job was in the bag for next year and I had planned my 2009-2010 existence around that fact. I was really looking forward to teaching my kids again next year and taking part in some school clubs and stuff (since I anticipated that next year's work days might be a little under my current 15 hour norm). Now that my future is a gapping black hole I'm not sure what is going to happen, or where it is going to happen for that matter but on the bright side, I already have some stuff in the works.
In order to avoid jinxing of said "in the works" possibilities, I will leave it at that.
Have no fear reading public, soon my blog will yet again be full of the wild and whacky adventures of a global vagabond. Anticipated departure date: July -August 2009.
Cheers from the black vortex of uncertainty...is it bad that I am titillated?
Adventure Ho!
Captain J


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home