
The constant reminder that I am worldly - R.I.P
So my little mappy retired today. So sad. I loved looking at it and feeling loved from sea to shining sea (except for Africa who completely denied me...I will blame it on the fact that there are a lot of people there with no internet access and believe that if they did, they would all be happily tuning in to my monotonous adventures). I awoke this morning to the unfamiliar glare of a naked map and the fear that it would only be filled up with one big dot on Vancouver because I would be only person checking this baby out anymore. Well, wasn't I happy when after only one day my dots are returning. My trans-global notoriety remains! Hooray! Brasil, Canada, America, Japan, Korea and England in just one day! I shall conquer Africa this year!
Here's one thing that I just MUST know. There is someone in or around Churchill, Manitoba/Southern Nunavut who checks in a lot. I am so curious as to who you are. Make yourself known! Maybe it's just some random I.P address that for some reason is registered in Nunavut/Manitoba? Who knows but I think it's neat and I wanna know who you are.
Isn't it sad that I measure my popularity by how many random people look at my website...maybe I should start concentrating on how many people actually want to check me out in real life...clearly not that many since I am currently alone at my computer typing...hmmmm.
Dear diary,
Q: Am I a cyber geek?
A: No, it's 12:30 on a Sunday night...you're supposed to be home dorking out on your computer.
Phew!
In other news...
I'm on Spring Break for the next 12 days! Ho-fucking-rray! I have come to the realization that Spring Break is not for the students, it is in fact for the teachers who need this small respite from the daily grind of school to:
1) regain their sanity
2) try to throw together some semblance of a plan for the next 2 months and
3)drink a lot of beer
Tomorrow I register for the dreaded summer session of the B.Ed program. It's unfortunately going to be a bit more intense than I had originally anticipated which means I may have to scale back my daily "liquid lunch break" at the pub. We'll have to work on fixing that minor glitch. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need those midday cocktails in order to make it through a 2 hour block of "Applied Linguistics for Teachers" 5 days a week. Bleh!
Wish me luck and thanks for tunning in
Cheers from cyber-dorkdom.
J


2 Comments:
Gawd.. I love you even if one person in this whole wide world thinks your a cybergeek. And by the way i belive there are many sexy cybergeeks out there.
ebe
you know, it's funny cuz i think teachers party the hardest. my best friend is one and i've heard the stories...who would've thought back in the day that mr. or mrs. so-and-so actually likes to unwind on the weekends by smoking a fat doobie and drinking beers until they pass out?
good luck with everything! hope you find out who that person in manitoba is!
Post a Comment
<< Home