Hello Brasil (which I will not spell with an S because that´s the way they do it down here)
So here I am in Brasil. Unfortunately due to some ...hmmm....let´s call the ´administrative issues´ Luciano is not, and won´t be for another 2 weeks!! I couldn´t change my ticket because my visa would run out so here I am. But it´s O.K because Luciano´s wacky family is taking care of me. I might not be able to understand a word they say but so far we are getting along splendidly. Not sure how things will go once they understand what´s coming out of my mouth and vice versa but for the moment we are blissfully igonorant. Luciano is worried sick and has been calling me 400 times a day because of all the riots and stuff that were going on in the area but I haven´t seen a single thing that would even hint at any upheaval. I think Luciano is upset that there is no ´revolution´happening as of yet. I told him not to worry and that I was sure they the revolutionaries were merely waiting for triumphant return to Brasil before they hedge a full scale attack.
Brasil is not quite what I expected (no country ever is though is it). For starters, it´s freaking COLD!!! It´s winter here and by golly you know it. I guess it has to do with the fact that we are located in the south of Brasil and in the mountains. It´s probably about 10 degrees today. I guess all those tank tops and flip flops will be spending a few more months in my bags than I originally anticipated. It´s also very poor here, I knew what I was getting into but I guess it´s different when you go on vacation and think ´ah , this is how the other half lives´and when you go somewhere and realize ´whoa, this is how I´m going to live` but I´m sure I´ll get used to it and once Luciano finally gets here it will be much better.
What didn´t surprise me was how nice the people here are even though they don´t have a clue what I´m saying and don´t really seem to know what to think of me. Thankfully a guy at my hotel (Luciano´s house is too far away for me to stay by myself and his family´s apartment makes a Japanese 1LDK look like a masion) speaks Japanese so I can at least communicate with someone.
So for now, that´s what´s going on. Things aren´t quite going according to plan but as soon as this little two week hiccup has passed I will finally be able to start my life down here for real.
Cheers
J
So here I am in Brasil. Unfortunately due to some ...hmmm....let´s call the ´administrative issues´ Luciano is not, and won´t be for another 2 weeks!! I couldn´t change my ticket because my visa would run out so here I am. But it´s O.K because Luciano´s wacky family is taking care of me. I might not be able to understand a word they say but so far we are getting along splendidly. Not sure how things will go once they understand what´s coming out of my mouth and vice versa but for the moment we are blissfully igonorant. Luciano is worried sick and has been calling me 400 times a day because of all the riots and stuff that were going on in the area but I haven´t seen a single thing that would even hint at any upheaval. I think Luciano is upset that there is no ´revolution´happening as of yet. I told him not to worry and that I was sure they the revolutionaries were merely waiting for triumphant return to Brasil before they hedge a full scale attack.
Brasil is not quite what I expected (no country ever is though is it). For starters, it´s freaking COLD!!! It´s winter here and by golly you know it. I guess it has to do with the fact that we are located in the south of Brasil and in the mountains. It´s probably about 10 degrees today. I guess all those tank tops and flip flops will be spending a few more months in my bags than I originally anticipated. It´s also very poor here, I knew what I was getting into but I guess it´s different when you go on vacation and think ´ah , this is how the other half lives´and when you go somewhere and realize ´whoa, this is how I´m going to live` but I´m sure I´ll get used to it and once Luciano finally gets here it will be much better.
What didn´t surprise me was how nice the people here are even though they don´t have a clue what I´m saying and don´t really seem to know what to think of me. Thankfully a guy at my hotel (Luciano´s house is too far away for me to stay by myself and his family´s apartment makes a Japanese 1LDK look like a masion) speaks Japanese so I can at least communicate with someone.
So for now, that´s what´s going on. Things aren´t quite going according to plan but as soon as this little two week hiccup has passed I will finally be able to start my life down here for real.
Cheers
J


1 Comments:
Holy crap!! You're there! Yay...I was waiting for the brog update with bated breath. ;) It sounds like it's going to be an eye-opening experience, I can't wait to start seeing pictures.
Everything on the J-side is as normal as can be. Tomo and I are enjoying apartment rife (life). Let's keep in touch-- you feel so geographically far away!!
Post a Comment
<< Home