The two most amazing ladies I know and best family in the world.
Hello everyone,
This is Desiree aka Princess Binaka...Joes sister.
I always thought about starting up my own blog, never thought that this would be the way I made my grande entrance in to the world of blogging, but here it is. And I apologize in advance if my writing skills are quite up to par. Unlike my sister, I'm a chef, not a English teacher. I'm not even too sure where to start this story.
You all already knew that my super amazing sister was going to donate half her liver to save my moms life.
And this she did on Monday morning. The surgery from Joe's end went perfectly. Exactly as planned. My mom on the other hand had some major complications. Her veins and arteries were in very bad shape due to the liver disease; and the surgical team had a very hard time attaching moms veins to Joe's liver. And the surgery was not a success. She was rushed back in late last night for another emergency surgery to try and save the liver but could not and it died. She was then put on the canada-wide emergency transplant list and we were fortunate enough to get a donor liver and mom went back in this morning to have yet another transplant. So far it looks like it has worked but is a bit too early to be sure. As for Joe, she is making great progress already in her recovery. Yesterday she sat up in a chair and today she walked from one side of the room to the other today. She is very weak and feeling quite a bit of pain at the moment. She is expected to make a full recovery and is supposed to be released from hospital in 7-10 days. If all goes as planned mom should be out in around a month.
On another note, I would just like to say that I don't think that we all give enough recognition to the hard working ladies and gentlemen of the medical world. The doctors and nurses that have been working on Joe and my mom have been absolutely amazing. The surgical team worked around the clock to try and keep my family whole and together.In my world they are real super heroes.
Also, everyone out there that is not an organ donor I beg you to please become one. You can save so many people and change so many lives by making just one phone call. And to the family of the donor whose liver we received, thank you. Your gift may change our lives forever.
Hopefully the next entry on this blog will be made by my sis...till then keep us in your thoughts and send positive energy from around the world our way.
This is Desiree aka Princess Binaka...Joes sister.
I always thought about starting up my own blog, never thought that this would be the way I made my grande entrance in to the world of blogging, but here it is. And I apologize in advance if my writing skills are quite up to par. Unlike my sister, I'm a chef, not a English teacher. I'm not even too sure where to start this story.
You all already knew that my super amazing sister was going to donate half her liver to save my moms life.
And this she did on Monday morning. The surgery from Joe's end went perfectly. Exactly as planned. My mom on the other hand had some major complications. Her veins and arteries were in very bad shape due to the liver disease; and the surgical team had a very hard time attaching moms veins to Joe's liver. And the surgery was not a success. She was rushed back in late last night for another emergency surgery to try and save the liver but could not and it died. She was then put on the canada-wide emergency transplant list and we were fortunate enough to get a donor liver and mom went back in this morning to have yet another transplant. So far it looks like it has worked but is a bit too early to be sure. As for Joe, she is making great progress already in her recovery. Yesterday she sat up in a chair and today she walked from one side of the room to the other today. She is very weak and feeling quite a bit of pain at the moment. She is expected to make a full recovery and is supposed to be released from hospital in 7-10 days. If all goes as planned mom should be out in around a month.
On another note, I would just like to say that I don't think that we all give enough recognition to the hard working ladies and gentlemen of the medical world. The doctors and nurses that have been working on Joe and my mom have been absolutely amazing. The surgical team worked around the clock to try and keep my family whole and together.In my world they are real super heroes.
Also, everyone out there that is not an organ donor I beg you to please become one. You can save so many people and change so many lives by making just one phone call. And to the family of the donor whose liver we received, thank you. Your gift may change our lives forever.
Hopefully the next entry on this blog will be made by my sis...till then keep us in your thoughts and send positive energy from around the world our way.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home