Sunday, August 19, 2012

Greetings Fans and Followers!

Well the fateful day is almost upon us. As I write this it is 11pm the night before my admittance into VGH at 5:45 tomorrow morning. Mom was admitted today at 2pm and we've been in visiting her today. She's in good spirits and has seen several doctors already today. Everything seems good to go with her. Fortunately for her the doctors have told her that for some reason which they are unable to explain, liver recipients experience a lot less pain than the donors. They think that it may be because their new liver sends false signals to the nervous system and that is why there is not so much pain. Unfortunately for me, they have said that my situation is borderline excruciating. What I've learned in the last few hours has not made me feel too terribly optimistic about what I'm about to do but I know there is no other option. I guess I can consider myself lucky to have never felt much pain up until now, I guess the powers that be have decided that I've been too lucky and it's time to even the score. From what I've now learned I don't think I will be having any visitors while in the hospital simply because I don't want people who know me to see me in that amount of pain. It's neither healthy for me or for my friends. I also think I will probably drop off the face of the cyberworld for a while so that I can concentrate on getting through this thing. In general people know me to be a strong woman, I'd rather you all kept that view of me rather than see me at my weakest point. I'm getting ready to run one hell of a marathon here and all of a sudden I'm feeling that my training has not prepared me. But it's ready, set, go no matter what.
While I'm in cyber hiding my sister will be updating my blog as well as my facebooks status. In honour of my Princess Inaka persona she has decided that she too should have a silly name so she has asked to blog under the very original name of "Princess Binaka" so make sure to check here for her updates. She will also be updating my status but has asked for me to let everyone know that she will not be FB chatting with anyone so she won't answer you if you message her under my account. If you have a question you can post it on my FB wall and she will reply. 

I also discovered this really cool thing at VGH where you can send free well wishes to patients by sending an email with your message and the recipients room number and name. they are printed and sealed in little envelopes and hand delivered to the room! How cool is that!! I will get Dez to post mom's room so that everyone can send her tons of well wishes and make her feel like a million bucks. You can send one by emailing your message to 
WellWishesVA@vch.ca 
there are details here:
 http://www.vch.ca/your_stay/well_wishes/

O.K I'm tired and hungry (I've been fasting for 24 hours already) so I'm going to try to get some sleep. 

Thanks for all your positive energy and keep checking up here for posts from my sister and FB for updates. I've asked Dez to update my FB at least twice a day regardless of my progress. 

Alright, here we go ladies and gentlemen...no looking back now. By this time tomorrow I'll be half a liver lighter and hopefully one healthy mommy richer. 

Love you all
J



1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Yo Joe,

Sorry you read "50 shades of Grey". I heard that the recovery from that novel can be long and quite painful. I highly suggest Anne Rice's Beauty trilogy as a quick, and hilarious, antidote.

On another note I've been thinking about you, your mom (and your liver today}. Here's to a steady recovery to both of you and some diving really soon.

Best regards from your old Britannia Pal,
Sarah Ng

p.s. This is a pretty extreme way to avoid the first month of school.

20 August, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home