Monday, February 01, 2010

Thanks to a friend in N.Y I have recently re-discovered Sloan. I totally forgot how much these guys rock. Delish!

Here is a very short but sweet breakdown of the ups and downs of my life because I only have about 10 minutes of free time to write (which is more than I have found recently):

I have signed up for Muay Thai training. This should be interesting. I have no intention of hitting anyone. Just want to get rid of my Oprah arms and stop being the fattest farang in the room. As an added bonus, if someone does call me fat I will have to skills to punch their lights out.

Adventure dash this weekend. 27 kilometers of self-inflicted torture all in the name of...self-inflicted torture? Why do foreign countries always get me reved up to do weird physical activites. Oh well. If I don't die this weekend it's the big Kanchanaburi Adventure Race...60+ kilometers of running, biking, swimming, kayaking and general torture. My goal is 7.5 hours. Can she do it ladies and gentlemen? Only time (and an adventure dash will tell).

Next week I get to spent Mon-Fri at the Koh Chang IDEALS center with the year 9 students at my school. Should be fun and hey, I get the whole week off to go play in a tropical paradise. How bad can it be? All should be fine as long as those year 9s behave themselves and keep their knickers on. 

The last week in February marks my long awaited liveaboard trip in the Similan islands. Going to dive 4 times a day for 5 days and hopefully emerge from the murky depths having swam with a manta ray. Let's hope my sea legs (and my tummy) hold up for 5 straight days of living on the high seas.

 April April April!! I'm heading down to Bali and meeting my Lovely Miss Bessette!!! It's going to be the BEST holiday EVAH!!!! So excited! Mai Tais, massages and a quick sidetrip to the Gili Islands where I will dive with cuttlefish and turtles and Erin will sit on the beach and drink enough for two people.

October - Bangkok is slowly preparing itself for the arrival of Grant Thompson and his evil sidekick James Miller. Will Ms. Zeiler survive? Probably not.

This coming summer - due to a total lack of funds, I have decided to stay in thailand and pretend I'm a backpacker. Rolling on the cheap and sleeping on beaches. Anyone interested in joining me? June 24-Aug 19th. If you like beaches, buckets of vodka and redbull, scuba diving, padthai, tuk-tuks and adventures in Asia, give me a call. I am also looking at popping into Myanmar. I need the stamp in my passport. Too close not to dip my toes in Junta protected puddles.

School remains the same. 

I have been recently haunted by endless dreams of Luciano. What's the deal with that? I cannot get him out of my head. Where did he come from and why is he visiting me now? I could self-analyse but that would take much more time than that 10 minutes I have. 
There is Kryptonite in Japan. Like a child I will put my hand on the burner even though I know better.  

Cheers from the steamer (winter is officially over)
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home