Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Welcome to the Flood Zone!!!






Well things are happening fast and furious here in Bangkok. The water is rising, a waist high cement wall is being built around school, my condominium has purchased a boat to get people down the street and the government has officially ordered us off work until November 7th. Although sloshing and slogging through the runoff of 10 million people sounds like a great time, I've opted for the "run for the hills" approach to disaster control and am leaving for Koh Tao tomorrow morning at 6am with Carrie, Grant, baby Abby and Heather. I mean really, when faced with disaster what else is one to do? Clearly flying to a tropical dive resort is the best solution right? ;) 
It's great to get an extra 2 weeks holiday but I wish I would have found out 3 days ago when I could have changed my ticket and stayed in Bali for an extra 2 weeks! Instead I flew back (inflicted with the more dire case of food poisoning) only to go to school to get sent home again. Oh well. I didn't think I would get a chance to get back to the birthplace of my love for the deep blue sea so it's pretty sweet that I get this little bonus round...although it might dip into the finances a bit.

Upon reflection I am once again thinking back to the alternative life I could be living if I had stayed to be a teacher in Canada...
"Snow Day"???
Who needs a snow day when you can have flood WEEKS! Not to mention the "political upheaval riot" holiday I had the year I got here. I 'm sure there will be some annoyances when we get back to routine here in soggy Bangkok but hey, you gotta dig the holiday :)

Nice for Carrie that she gets 2 extra weeks to spend with her little lady minus work which is great.

Ok, off to bed to have a quick rest before the 4am wake call for the morning flight.

Cheers from the big puddle
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home