Monday, February 27, 2006

ok, so I have managed to start like 5 blog entries and have finished none of them. When I'm sitting at school bored out of my mind because I have nothing to do, I come up with all these great ideas but the stupid security blocks on the computers won't let me post from school. But when I get home I never have any time to write. I am definetly going to have to figure out a new system.

I have been super busy as usual. Went to the Brazilian consulate and and entrusted them with my passport. The plan is to have them return it with a with a big shiny visa sticker glue within it's well stoked pages. The big worry is will they return it in the desired condition without me and Luciano having to tie the knot? I think that it will be ok but we have to exagerate a bit and tell them that "we want to get married soon but we don't want to get married just for a visa" That seemed to satify them.

Anyway, the rest of my life has been filled with work, packing and the like. Not too interesting. I did go out and buy some fun new electronic toys though (I also bought weird domestic stuff like a toaster and a juice machine and a food processor to send to Brazil...how boring and grown-up of me)

Oh and for those of you living in Japan. I'll be having a sayonara party at Chantilly's in Shiroko on March 18th (although I am attempting to change it to the 17th to accomodate UUDD and L'equipe Danger who have a gig that night)...stay tuned...

Well I'm off to bed. Man, there is the dumbest Japanese "drama" on right now about a girl who prostitutes herself so that she can buy expensive handbags and shoes and this boutique that always seems to be playing Bjork music. That really says something about Japanese culture when a girl prostituting herself to satisfy her post American Occupation programmed desire to buy buy buy buy no matter what the cost is normal TV fare. This culture is so messed up. I had one of my junior high school girls suspected of doing the same thing, she was like 14, all she got was a slap on the wrist (aka a talking to in hushed voices and a lot of whispering in the staff room), no counselling nothing. It was like "oh you shouldn't do that in a way that you could get caught, be more discreet next time" fucked. Sometimes Japan makes me want to puke.

Cheers
J

4 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I can't believe you're nearly done. Do you finish in March or April! Hurray, ESCAPE!!!

Oh, and when I was at school, I wrote my blog entries in a word document and emailed it to myself so that I could copy and paste and post it from home. We had those crazy security blocks too. Apparently, my blog is too racy for student viewing.

28 February, 2006  
Blogger shan said...

awww...joe. you have the "i'm fucking tired of japan" blues. been there, and we can all empathize. you know, you WILL appreciate it when you leave though. even bitter me does.

hey, so what's the story on your move to brazil? do tell...

03 March, 2006  
Blogger Grace said...

By the way, mailing address please!! Kit Kats to come your way...

04 March, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the commento!! Def let us know your addy in Brazil-land. I'm also gonna need directions to Shiroko... but I'll get those from you next week.

Katharine

05 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home