Crash!!!
Well it didn't take long...I got in a car accident. Luckily for me the only parties involved were me, my car and a concrete pole. Also luckily for me (but not quite lucky enough for my car) I was only going about hmmmm 5 km an hour so I was unscathed by the carnage...my car however is now the proud owner of a big ass dent and scratch in the front. This has consequently sent the resale value of my car spiralling downwards.
So, now the decision is to either
A: Fork out the cash to fix it up so that I can resell it for the same amount it cost or
B: Leave it as is and take the hit. The problem is that the car was a gift from Luciano so really it's him that would be taking the hit for my stupidity. He says it's not a problem and said he doesn't care about the cash but I feel pretty shitty.
Luciano of course gave me the "honey I don't care at all about the car as long as you are safe" talk. If I was actually in some kind of serious accident where we could sit back and say "thank god you're ok, who cares about the car" it would be one thing but my front bumper has been sacrificed for no other reason than my total lack of experience/judgement when turning corners on Japan's insanely narrow streets. I thought I could make it but that 3 foot concrete marker taught me otherwise.
Anybody got any idea how much this is gonna cost me to fix or a tip of a cheap body shop?
I guess I'll see what I am going to do when I get a quote.
Cheers
Joe "crash test dummie" Zeiler.


5 Comments:
very much money, I just took mine in for a scratch you can barely see,$1200
Hey Joe,
I wouldn't worry about it. Almost every car in Japan has some sort of dent, we all expect it and it's almost impossible to avoid it on these streets. Especially, if you resell it to a foreigner, we don't care, we are just happy to have a car.
Good Luck,
Pamela
Yo. Glad you're safe! I was in a car accident once with another driver and was going about 50. One of the worst experiences of my life.
Sell it with the dent. Labour in Japan is far too expensive, and a gaijin is sure to buy.
P
ps we lost to Russia. And its so shitty because otherwise this was our best day in the olympics 2 gold 2 silver. I dont even know how I should feel
Hahah, I just bought you a banana one from London. I won't send it. Unless you want it so that you can give it to someone else? Someone you dislike?
Oh shit!! Way to stick my foot in my mouth eh Grace? Keep it and enjoy all the synthetic banana goodness for yourself.
Cheers
Post a Comment
<< Home