ok I will step away from politics for the moment. From the lack of comments on my two recent posts I am led to believe that political commentary is not a popular subject on my blog...so, I will take a break by giving you a brief glimpse inside "Joe's English Mailbox"
I have a mailbox at school in the staffroom which students can use to write me letters in English. I have about 6 students (all girls of course) who write to me on a regular basis. I would love to think they are doing it out of pure joy and enthusiasm for English but I think it has more to do with all the stickers and goodies I put in their replies. Anyway, I got quite a gem today from Shiori Odo a grade three (15 year old) student. I have decided to copy it in full, word for word, so you can get a good taste of "Japanese English" at it's finest.
On the front of the letter in big, pink, teenaged girl bubble letters is written:
This is panties letter!
and inside....
Hi, Joe
Thank you for your letter.
Please a letter me as soon as possible.
I don't have a boyfriend. It's American joke!!
What to do last week? I play softball in Choyo this club.
But, I want to take a nap.
My class (3-1) is so dusty. Oh no!!
I've started jogging from September.
I'll graduate this year. I'm lonely...
Joe etc...not meet! I'm worry.
My boyfriend is really a heartbreaker.
A!! I was cut hair very short.
Joe! I'm worry expectation prove!
English test "5" This test was difficult.
I see...I don't like English. Repulsion!
But Joe teach English is enjoying. Especially English game.
This letter is awful long. I hope to long letter soon. Goodbye!!
LETTER IS GETTING VERY HAPPY!!
BY SHIORI
And there you have it ladies and gentlemen...teenaged angst, insecurity, love and heartbreak all in badly written English. I love it.
Cheers
J
I have a mailbox at school in the staffroom which students can use to write me letters in English. I have about 6 students (all girls of course) who write to me on a regular basis. I would love to think they are doing it out of pure joy and enthusiasm for English but I think it has more to do with all the stickers and goodies I put in their replies. Anyway, I got quite a gem today from Shiori Odo a grade three (15 year old) student. I have decided to copy it in full, word for word, so you can get a good taste of "Japanese English" at it's finest.
On the front of the letter in big, pink, teenaged girl bubble letters is written:
This is panties letter!
and inside....
Hi, Joe
Thank you for your letter.
Please a letter me as soon as possible.
I don't have a boyfriend. It's American joke!!
What to do last week? I play softball in Choyo this club.
But, I want to take a nap.
My class (3-1) is so dusty. Oh no!!
I've started jogging from September.
I'll graduate this year. I'm lonely...
Joe etc...not meet! I'm worry.
My boyfriend is really a heartbreaker.
A!! I was cut hair very short.
Joe! I'm worry expectation prove!
English test "5" This test was difficult.
I see...I don't like English. Repulsion!
But Joe teach English is enjoying. Especially English game.
This letter is awful long. I hope to long letter soon. Goodbye!!
LETTER IS GETTING VERY HAPPY!!
BY SHIORI
And there you have it ladies and gentlemen...teenaged angst, insecurity, love and heartbreak all in badly written English. I love it.
Cheers
J


5 Comments:
I wonder what she meant by "panties" letter. You should ask...
Completly out of context...
but thanks for the little help in my geography with the name of the mountain!
Who would think I had a major in Japanese and Geography!
:-)
ps. yes please do find out what she meant by 'panties' letter!!
The best part was ''I don't like English. Repulsion!!''
I have many things I don't like either, such as old Japanese people driving...they make every day more dangerous than the next. Repulsion!!
Did ya hear about Saitama? I will definitely be going to support--how about you? IS VERY HAPPY!!
haha dude that was totally natsukashii
Hi Princess,
I love you blog.
Your evil sister,
Desiree
Post a Comment
<< Home