Monday, March 21, 2005

AND THE WINNER IS..........

Thanks to everyone who voted in the "how much for a pink pants suit" contest. Unfortunately you were all VERY off the mark. Katherine brought the game back into play by upping her vote to 100,000 but still it was nowhere near enough.

So, how much were those pant suit?

*****260,000 yen*****
($2997.17 Canadian for those of you who voted in monopoly money)
That's right ladies and gentlemen., 26 man. I know this for a fact because the kids' homeroom teacher told me. Where these 15 year old kids came up with that kind of cash I have no idea. Mizutani sensei said he had heard Shogo talking about Pachinko but that's illegal for kids so I'm not sure how they went about it. Regardless I am pretty sure that those fabulous suits were funded via illegal measures.
So who's the winner?
Well you were all so far off I had thought about calling you all loosers but I'm nicer than that. In the beginning I figured that people from Japan would have an upper hand on the Westerners (although I was sorely mistaken) so I decided to give a prize to the closest Japanite as well as the closest Westerner.
So who gets the goodies?
The "All Japan bosozoku fashion extravanganza" award goes to..... Katharine Huey with her re-vote of 100,000 yen.
The "I don't live in Japan and don't have a clue what a bosozoku is but I'm gonna vote anyway" award goes to Ms. Mieranda Vlot, voting all the way from Spain (in Canadian dollars to boot!) with her vote of $867.43$ Canadian (that's 75,252 yen for the Japan Clan)
So Miss Huey and Miss Vlot, get ready for the Kameyama Prize Patrol to show up at your door sometime soon.
Kat, I'll probably just hand yours off at Tochigi if that's O.K. (I'm hoping that if I give you the TimTams in the car on the way up you'll share them!!)
Mieranda, I'll be mailing you some sweet ass j-town sweets ASAP.
For the rest of you. Thanks for the votes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Oh man, I wasn't even close! I still owe you gum!

22 March, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! Dang I wasn't even close though. I should have known it would have been ridiculously expensive. Fun contest, Joe! We were all in suspense. :) See ya for Tochigi, or Burns night this week. ~Kat

22 March, 2005  
Blogger shan said...

lord, that was the price of ONE of those ugly things? man...i knew i should've changed my guess when grace told me those things were embroidered.....

23 March, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! and i thought that i overestimated... hmm, let's do some calculating! here you can buy one litre of very classy and somewhat drinkable tetra-pak wine for 1.40$. so the price of that suit would buy you 2140 litres... that's almost 6 litres a day for a year... yikes!
let's hope these kids don't spill on themselves or drop a cigarette butt on their pink suits - one expensive mistake! of course, for that kind of money, the suits should be everything-resistent and self-cleaning...
i look forward to japanese goodies, thanks joe!
---mieranda :)

31 March, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home