Thursday, March 10, 2005

Omedeto gozaimasu
Kameyama bad boy report: The final edition
(as well as some other grad type stuff)
Yesterday was graduation and all my favorite little bad asses have left me. The ceremony was long and my favorite little delinquent Yuuki cried so much. I couldn't help but cry too. God I love that kid! He's so great I just wanna hug him all the time. I'm gonna miss him a lot. Kameyama's #1 bad boy Tanga Daisuke wasn't allowed to attend the ceremony but he was let out of jail today on a pass to come to school and receive his diploma (taking full advantage of the "you pass no matter what" rule that exists in Japanese junior high schools). I was shocked by the difference that a month in juvenille detention has done for this kid. He has been stripped of his yankee hairstyle and somehow has managed to acquire some manners. He very humbly came into the staff room and sincerely bowed. He is excused himself upon entering the room (something all students do but Tanga would never have done before the slammer) He went to each teacher's desk and individually thanked them for teaching him for the past three years. He smiled and was generally pleasant. It was weird, I felt very proud of him, as usual I was met with the compulsion to give him a big hug. I hate the Japan is so anti-hug. I hope he gets better and leads a somewhat productive life. Being in the Yakuza isn't that bad, as long as you don't do the real nasty stuff.
As usual Kazuki Hara was silent, he took on his usual role as the follower during the post ceremony mill-about. Since Tanga has been in jail, Kazuki has looked a little lost. The two remaining members of "the fearsome 5" Shogo T. and Ryuji Kassai made a grand exit as only they could. After leaving their last homeroom they rushed down the street and dissapeared behind an adjacent building only to reappear 10 minutes later in their new and improved "post junior high school, bozoyoku super hero" personas.
These guys are in a small time motorcycle gang in the area. They drive around on loud bikes with the police always one step behind, but never quite close enough to catch them. Revving their engines, stealing motorcycles and scaring old ladies, are their hobbies. Really it's small time stuff. But will probably devellop into something a bit more sinister as they get older. Keep in mind that they are only 15 years old. I guess that they aren't allowed to be full fledged members until they are out of junior high school so yesterday marked their initiation day. All the teachers looked a little worried and something about it was mentioned in the morning meeting (which I couldn't understand)
Anyway, their new super hero bozoyoku outfits are something to be reckoned with. Now THAT'S Japanese culture!
Enjoy the pictures below and make sure to cast your vote in the "how much for a pink pants suit" contest. Prizes for the winners.
Keep in mind that those suits are personalized. They have thier names (on the legs) and the name of the sector of their gang (on the chest) embroidered.
Apart from my bad boys, I also had to say goodbye to some of my favorite good kids. Boo hoo!
J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home