Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My re-debut


As you may or may not have noticed, I finally managed to change the little description blurb on my blog title as well as my "location." This was something of a therapeutic milestone for me. I have been sitting here for a month and a half unable to take the Brasil out of my life. Finally, last night I took a step over that big cliff called Cold Hard Reality and finally had to admit to myself that I am now back home. My life is no longer in Brasil, my future will no longer be what I had planned and expected. Instead I am here starting from scratch...minus the man I was planning on spending the rest of my life with, minus the friends I had in Japan and for the most part Vancouver before I left, minus the self-assurance and confidence I once felt...oh and minus an apartment of my own. But the fact that I managed to admit to myself that this is in fact where I currently stand must be a good sign. In five weeks I have managed to work, start university (again) and score a highly competitive job (I just found out I was one of 100 people chosen from 1400 applicants..pat on the back) apparently I am trying to overachieve myself into happiness or perhaps just work away the doubts of my return.

In addition to my blogdom re-debut I have also managed to re-debut (if only ever so slightly) into the scene in which I thrived before I left for Japan. Last weekend me and the fabulous Ms. Raven attended the SEXPO sextrade worker's extravaganza and fundraiser. It was all glam and latex with an ample dose of lapdancing and of course for a good cause. All the money raised went to PACE (prostitution alternatives councelling and education) to help sex trade workers in the downtown eastside acheive the level of recognition they deserve (aka the right to be seen as decent human beings deserving of all the rights that other people have) and to help create community action plans to keep them safe while they are working (red light districts please!!!).

I made sure to gussie up in my most fabulous vampy, trampy outfit and stick out in the crowd. Drinks were consumed, connections were made, drag queens were schmoozed with and ever so slowly the old me is beginning to resurface (dressed in black lace to boot!).

Cheers
J

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

I'd like photos of you all glammed up please! Don't worry... reality check for me as well in about a week. Moving back into my parents' home on the 13th. Wish me luck (and sanity).

05 October, 2006  
Blogger shan said...

girl, i know EXACTLY what you mean by changing the location thing on your blog....another thing is changing the stupid "relationship status" thing on myspace. i have yet to change mine cuz i think it's gay. you know what's therapeutic too? getting rid of contact information. i'm still debating on whether or not to delete this one number....

18 October, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home